THE BIG OIL RIP-OFF - TRACE THE MONEY

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Rocky
LRRP/Ranger

THE BIG OIL RIP-OFF - TRACE THE MONEY

Post by Rocky »

If you are not mad enough when you go to the gas pump check these out and then really get mad the next time you fill up your tank and deplete your bank account.

Part 1

Part 2

Check these out for the big rip off and what politicians are getting money:

LINK

LINK
Rocky
Charlie 75th Rangers '69-'70
Tango Lima, TM 1-1 Satan's Playboys
4/503, 173rd Airborne Brigade '67-'68
(survivor Hill 875 Dak To '67)
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

I am sick
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Ok I can’t see the youtube at work, but what little I understand is that there are also greedy oil speculators that are raising the prices. Along with a limited supply and new emerging global markets like china and India. So do I like high prices NO, do I think oil companies need tax breaks, no, but can I bitch about free market, NO. I just wish I was smart enough to have a successful company and make a lot of money. Seems the USSR and others tried price control and a bunch of other goofy ideas and that didn’t work out so well.

I like driving as much as the next guy and living in a rural setting my option are limited on other forms of transportation but for city folks, they can take the bus, the shoe, or the bike.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Horned Toad wrote:Ok I can’t see the youtube at work, but what little I understand is that there are also greedy oil speculators that are raising the prices. Along with a limited supply and new emerging global markets like china and India. So do I like high prices NO, do I think oil companies need tax breaks, no, but can I bitch about free market, NO. I just wish I was smart enough to have a successful company and make a lot of money. Seems the USSR and others tried price control and a bunch of other goofy ideas and that didn’t work out so well.

I like driving as much as the next guy and living in a rural setting my option are limited on other forms of transportation but for city folks, they can take the bus, the shoe, or the bike.
But is it free market if supply is manipulated. If I am big oil, and I shut down refineries for maintenance, or permanently shut them down to decrease production, thus decreasing the supply, and causing prices to go up, is that really free market. I agree with your opinions, and truly think free market is great, I'm just having a hard time believing that big oil is truly letting a true supply and demand system work.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I fully support the free market as well, but for the life of me I am having a hard time justifying anyone having any job whose performance warrants anything close to a $400,000,000 bonus.

Show me a guy who has:
1. Brought about world peace
2. Fed the hungry
3. Housed the homeless
yada yada yada, and
endless free top shelf pussy for all Hooahs, and we'll talk. Until then, I gotta call bullshit. Seems too much like price galging to me, while the execs rake in money that is nearly incomprehendable.

But then again, I seem to remember being called simple minded before.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
kohlerdrums
Embryo

Post by kohlerdrums »

Rangers:

Check out the front page story in the Wall Street Journal this morning, "U.S. Military Launches Alternative-Fuel Push".

Some facts in the article:

The military consumes 340,000 barrels of oil a day, the largest single consumer of oil, which is 1.5% of all the oil used in the country.

The defense department spent $13.6 billion on oil in 2006.

We are all paying one way or another. Personally, I think it's crazy how the price of oil is just rising and rising in the markets. It reminds me of when those bubble internet stocks kept going through the stratosphere until one day, kaboom!
Airborne Grad Dad

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told them the truth and they thought it was hell."
-President Harry Truman-
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

The concept of being overpaid is understandable. Compare the earnings of big oil and other corporate execs to the pay for the following entertainers for the year 2007, and yes the numbers are in millions.

Oprah Winfrey 260
Tiger Woods 100
Madonna 72
Johnny Depp 92
Steven Spielberg 110
Howard Stern 70
Tom Hanks 74
Bon Jovi 67
50 Cent 33
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
HunterA
Tadpole

Post by HunterA »

Ranger Bill wrote:The concept of being overpaid is understandable. Compare the earnings of big oil and other corporate execs to the pay for the following entertainers for the year 2007, and yes the numbers are in millions.

Oprah Winfrey 260
Tiger Woods 100
Madonna 72
Johnny Depp 92
Steven Spielberg 110
Howard Stern 70
Tom Hanks 74
Bon Jovi 67
50 Cent 33
Half of these people at least have good charities set up. I know Oprah alone donates time and money to hundreds of causes. The Oil guys just pocket their money. It cost me 41 dollars to fill up my civic. 9 gallons for 41 bucks? That is ridiculous!
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Shipdate: 20080612

Ranger JLTW!!!'s mentee
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

HunterA wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:The concept of being overpaid is understandable. Compare the earnings of big oil and other corporate execs to the pay for the following entertainers for the year 2007, and yes the numbers are in millions.

Oprah Winfrey 260
Tiger Woods 100
Madonna 72
Johnny Depp 92
Steven Spielberg 110
Howard Stern 70
Tom Hanks 74
Bon Jovi 67
50 Cent 33
Half of these people at least have good charities set up. I know Oprah alone donates time and money to hundreds of causes. The Oil guys just pocket their money. It cost me 41 dollars to fill up my civic. 9 gallons for 41 bucks? That is ridiculous!
That would be $4.55 a gallon. I live in farking Seattle and that is what I pay for diesel. You need to check your local gas stations pumps.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
HunterA
Tadpole

Post by HunterA »

rangertough wrote:
HunterA wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:
That would be $4.55 a gallon. I live in farking Seattle and that is what I pay for diesel. You need to check your local gas stations pumps.

Tough
Yeah diesel here is about the same. Where I live in Austin the avg. price is around $3.50 for regular, but I ran out of gas in this rich neighboorhood and had to pay $4.47. I put the good ish in my car. It was ridiculous.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Shipdate: 20080612

Ranger JLTW!!!'s mentee
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

HunterA wrote: Half of these people at least have good charities set up. I know Oprah alone donates time and money to hundreds of causes. The Oil guys just pocket their money.
Yeah, they have charities. Them donating 10 million is like me donating 20 dollars. I don't hear you bitrching about the price of a movie ticket. And corporate execs donate money and time to charities and spend time on non-profit boards. As a percentage of income, they donate much much more than Oprah. Obviously, you must be a fan of hers...
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “The News Dump”