Question about transferring to Regiment

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Anybody that want's it as bad as you do shouldn't have any trouble making it. Don't get hurt!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Slowpoke wrote:Anybody that want's it as bad as you do shouldn't have any trouble making it. Don't get hurt!
x2

And DON"T FUCK UP! Thats my Batt you're joining!

Good Luck
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Congrats bud, get your shit.

They can kill you, but they can't make you quit!
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Congrats, keep your nose to the grindstone.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Damn proud of your perserverence son. It will take that positive don't quit/gotta have it attitude for the next several months to get yourself there and then you need to keep it for the rest of your military career.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Gordo173 wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Anybody that want's it as bad as you do shouldn't have any trouble making it. Don't get hurt!
x2

And DON"T FUCK UP! Thats my Batt you're joining!

Good Luck
That is true. Bones was there when they still used Mules as RSOV's :lol:

Good Sitrep, Archangel. You should find RIP to be a lot easier if you walk in there that motivated. I know of a couple imports who went on to become excellent leaders in Batt. Let us know what's going on, when you get your break after Cole Range :lol:
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

anybody got a status on this guy in RIP? What's his grad date. I'm projecting 15 Dec if he started on the 20 Nov. Is that correct?
Ranger School CL# 04-05
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Good on you!!!! Now go put your LCE on and jump in American Lake. It should roughly simulate the CWST at Benning this time of year.

Drive on hooah!!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

SupplyRanger wrote:anybody got a status on this guy in RIP? What's his grad date. I'm projecting 15 Dec if he started on the 20 Nov. Is that correct?
Barnett just posted an update in 'letters from school' tonight.
We should know for sure soon, they just finished Cole Range.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Arkangel's a goner.

viewtopic.php?p=379508#379508

We expected better from an experienced soldier.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

Fastest way... call A / The Ranger Liason.
I believe....
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
ranger36203
Embryo

I was Faced with a similar situation

Post by ranger36203 »

I was in Germany and decided that this was not what I wanted because of the difference in the units I wanted back into Battalion. Now, Keep in mind that I was in at a different time, therefore the rules may have changed some, but I dont think so. You must have at least a year of retainability to go to any US Army School and 2 years for Ranger. So you should re-enlist for station Unit of choice the Ranger Battalion and you will have to go to RIP to stay there at least thats the way it was. I had already been through, but away from Bat for more than a year so I would have had to go through ROP. or if time does not matter then complete a DA form 4187 requesting a change of duty station signed by the commander and fax it along with current PT, Weapons Qualification, and CT tests for your skill level and if you have completed and PRC course that your unit may have sponsered to the Training NCOIC(S-3) You need to know that your scores should be 300, expert and 1st time goes as you may be frowed upon and most likely not able to keep up with the fast pace of batallion life. I am not trying to discourage you I am just telling you the truth make sure you are up to speed especially on PT 17-21 year old standards
Whats up snake eaters class 8-95
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: I was Faced with a similar situation

Post by Charlie 51 »

ranger36203 wrote:I was in Germany and decided that this was not what I wanted because of the difference in the units I wanted back into Battalion. Now, Keep in mind that I was in at a different time, therefore the rules may have changed some, but I dont think so. You must have at least a year of retainability to go to any US Army School and 2 years for Ranger. So you should re-enlist for station Unit of choice the Ranger Battalion and you will have to go to RIP to stay there at least thats the way it was. I had already been through, but away from Bat for more than a year so I would have had to go through ROP. or if time does not matter then complete a DA form 4187 requesting a change of duty station signed by the commander and fax it along with current PT, Weapons Qualification, and CT tests for your skill level and if you have completed and PRC course that your unit may have sponsered to the Training NCOIC(S-3) You need to know that your scores should be 300, expert and 1st time goes as you may be frowed upon and most likely not able to keep up with the fast pace of batallion life. I am not trying to discourage you I am just telling you the truth make sure you are up to speed especially on PT 17-21 year old standards
Dude, once again you are dispensing knowledge to a person seeking to enter Battalion over 2 years ago. There are these little things called date stamps on posts. They tell you when a post was posted. They are at the top of the post and in plain English and, ironically enough, not even in military time. Plus, you are not vetted yet, so as far as I know you are some knob gobbler of a 17 year old zit faced mongoloid posting from your replica Captain Kirk chair in your mom's basement eating Cheeto's and drinking Yoo-hoo.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”