Basic Again.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Tay Depp
Soldier

Basic Again.

Post by Tay Depp »

I searched for this and i havent found nothing about it. Well I was reserves and went threw basic training last summer, and i just recently went active duty with an 11x contract. I went to Fort Jackson for basic training, and i was just wondering if I got to do Basic again or not. If all else fails and i do, then that would be fine.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Time frame is 5 years the last I knew. If you have been OUT of the SERVICE completely for 5 years you have to go through basic again. If you are in the reserves, NG, or Active you do not have to do basic again.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention. I just figured it might have been different because Advance Infantry Training is just mixed in with basic, and I went to Jackson, and Jackson is more like support MOS's from what I was told.
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

it also says 14 weeks of training in my contract, but my recruiter said I didnt, but i met some other people who are leaving on the same day and they are reporting for the full basic and AIT.
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i've heard the Army is making retreads go back through the full infantry OSUT now. have fun.[/quote]
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

roger that SFC hit_it. I think its better that way.
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.

Return to “Recruitment Process”