Recycle?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
rmewife
Egg

Recycle?

Post by rmewife »

Hi! My husband is currently 1/2way through the Mountain Phase at Ranger School. I have faith in him, but I know that Ranger School can be a slippery slope at times, so I just have a quick question. The next Ranger Class following his does not start until May due to the Best Ranger Competition. If he recycles this current phase or Florida, what will happen? Will he just be in "recycle land" for the next 6-8 weeks until the next class follows him? Or will he be sent to report to his unit, and go back?

I appreciate your help. I talked to him briefly on his 8 hour after Darby, but didn't want to ask him about recycling :) And of course, I'm not going to ask in a letter!

Just a little background - he's been at TRADOC since commissioning last year, so he has orders to head to his PCS, but has not yet been there.

Thanks!
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

The usual answer is yes - he will "gulag" while waiting for the next class. It sucks, but it is a chance to eat, rest, PT and get strong again.

In '92, I recycled desert with cadre block leave in between. They didn't want to keep anyone back to supervise us, so they flew us back to Benning and put us on leave too.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
rmewife
Egg

Phase 2: Done!

Post by rmewife »

Just wanted to let you know that I heard from my husband late last night..he's jumping into Florida today! We have been so lucky that things have gone well so far for him. I only had about a 5 minute conversation with him - but he sounded great and said that he was absolutely floored by the number of people that were being recycled despite the break from Ranger Classes due to the Best Ranger Competition (many are being sent to their units and then have to start over again with Darby!!).

Thank you all so much - this forum has been so informative since he left for Pre-Ranger back in February.

With any good luck, he'll get through Florida smoothly and he'll have that tab in 20 more days! One day at a time... :wink:

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”