--- Introduction ---

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Anyway, I'll have it posted either Saturday or Sunday night. I'll be sure to do it right this time.
Post your swimming progress also..If there is nothing, then post that....

QRT was here
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Columbus wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen: Yeah, I don't know. I really did do 15 chin-ups though, but you're right, I was 100% fresh so there's no way I could do that many tired. After all that exercise I'll be lucky to do ten. I think they come a bit easier to me though because I'm only 120 lbs. Don't know what the problem is with the push-ups... I've bene working on them though so we'll see.

Anyway, I'll have it posted either Saturday or Sunday night. I'll be sure to do it right this time.
I've put a good deal of thought into my response to this.

Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Columbus
Tadpole

Post by Columbus »

I'm sorry for whatever I said Ranger Kilted Heathen, but I'm not lying and I don't understand your hostility. Honestly, I didn't think I said anything wrong.

Again, my apologies. It's not my intent here to get on the bad-side of Rangers and long-time members of this forum.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Columbus wrote:I'm sorry for whatever I said Ranger Kilted Heathen, but I'm not lying and I don't understand your hostility. Honestly, I didn't think I said anything wrong.

Again, my apologies. It's not my intent here to get on the bad-side of Rangers and long-time members of this forum.
I guess he's getting to know you. :lol: :lol:
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Columbus
Tadpole

Post by Columbus »

Update real quick...

Thought since I just made a post anyway I would also put one up about my current progress. As far as P.T. goes I've been doing 150 crunches and about 100 push-ups each night. I haven't started running yet.

Today I tried my 2-minute push-ups again just to get an idea of what to aim for this weekend. I did it a little differently because the first time I thought it was just consecutive and if you couldn't do anymore, it was over. Well, with a little bit of my training and two rests (at the top of my push-up) I managed 49. I also did some pull-ups today and did 3x8, however that was completely fresh.

Ranger Roadtheshortbus: I'll just tell you now that I'm not going t have any swimming progress this weekend... to be honest, I don't even plan on that part until around May.

Ranger Kilted Heathen: I'm pretty sure this is accurate. Sorry again for my earlier post where IO tried to justify my mistake (looking through I think that was what you were referring to.)

-Columbus
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Columbus,

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

RTO wrote:In regards to your next question, NO time is allowed between events. Train that way.

However, in practice, depending on the unit, weather, graders, how many of you skinney little twerps are taking the test etc...etc...
you may get one or possibbly two minutes break between events.
Unlikely, but I've seen it happen.
An APFT conducted IAW FM 21-20 allots 10 minutes between events.
Soldiers should be allowed no less than 10 minutes, but ideally no more than 20 minutes, to recover between each event. The OIC or NCOIC determines the time to be allotted between events, as it will depend on the total number of soldiers who are participating in the APFT. If many soldiers are to be tested, staggered starting times should be planned to allow the proper intervals between events. Under no circumstances is the APFT valid if a soldier cannot begin and end all three events in two hours or less.
However, RIP PT tests aren't being done for record, they're being done to weed out those that are physically and mentally weak. They *should* give you 10 minutes, but don't count on it.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Columbus wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen: Yeah, I don't know. I really did do 15 chin-ups though, but you're right, I was 100% fresh so there's no way I could do that many tired. After all that exercise I'll be lucky to do ten. I think they come a bit easier to me though because I'm only 120 lbs. Don't know what the problem is with the push-ups... I've bene working on them though so we'll see.

I've put a good deal of thought into my response to this.

Shut the fuck up.

BUMP !!!

......just in case ya didn't understand the first time !!!!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Columbus
Tadpole

Post by Columbus »

No, I understand. Moderator Copperhead PM'ed me. My only other post for a while will be when I re-conduct my APFT since I promised some others reults.

Until then,

-Columbus
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Don't make other Ohioans look bad, Columbus.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Columbus
Tadpole

Post by Columbus »

Hello again Rangers, these are the results of my APFT which I completed this morning:

PUSH-UPS: 51

SIT-UPS: 91

2-MILE RUN: 18:31

CHIN-UPS: 13

Due to getting some mized answers about time between events, some saying no time at all and others saying around ten minutes but not to count on it, I went somewhat in the middle. I did the push-ups and sit-ups with no break in-between, then took about three minutes before starting the run and maybe 1-2 minutes before the chin-ups.

According to an on-line APFT calculator I used, my score would be 196 and it says it would result in a failure. I assume this is because mr run is so low, yielding only 24 points.

I have no swim progress.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

cams wrote:Run and swim. Constantly. Both will aid your lung strength and capacity, thus improving you overall score on the other aspects of the PT test as well.
You will be required to pass a water survival test in full BDU's (ACU's) with rifle, boots, FULL canteens and the rest of your LBE to get to Batt., and again in Batt on a regular basis.
I'm beginning to think you're a fucking windbag. You have been given advice on these matters by several Rangers, myself included, which it seems you've continued to ignore and feel that you know better as to what and when and how to do it.

Stop running your fucking mouth, if you want this then wake the fuck up and pay attention. These aren't "maybe this will help, but do it when you get around to it" terms.

Either do it, or get the fuck out of line so someone that wants it more can get some help. Use all that fucking goddamned wind you got to run and swim.

Now get the fuck out of here before I change my mind and get belligerant.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Columbus wrote:Hello again Rangers, these are the results of my APFT which I completed this morning:

PUSH-UPS: 51

SIT-UPS: 91

2-MILE RUN: 18:31

CHIN-UPS: 13

Due to getting some mized answers about time between events, some saying no time at all and others saying around ten minutes but not to count on it, I went somewhat in the middle. I did the push-ups and sit-ups with no break in-between, then took about three minutes before starting the run and maybe 1-2 minutes before the chin-ups.

According to an on-line APFT calculator I used, my score would be 196 and it says it would result in a failure. I assume this is because mr run is so low, yielding only 24 points.

I have no swim progress .
....and change your fucking sigline, you're not even confident enough to be sure you're a "wannabe".

"Possible wannabe", get the fuck outta here you fucking dink.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Columbus
Tadpole

Post by Columbus »

Ranger cams: I will learn to swim, that I assure you. That's one thing that I haven't touched on yet but I know I have to.

I start my running today so I'll be getting in gear with that. I'm starting out with a mile a day and then upping the distance every other week.

Roger that on the signature line, I'll change it now.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Columbus wrote:Ranger cams: I will learn to swim, that I assure you. That's one thing that I haven't touched on yet but I know I have to.

I start my running today so I'll be getting in gear with that. I'm starting out with a mile a day and then upping the distance every other week.

Roger that on the signature line, I'll change it now.
Everyone take a knee and drink while we wait for Columbus' sails to fill.

"I know Sarnt, I'll get around to it later buddy, ok?"

You just aren't getting it bud. DEP's, please try and square this kid away again before his mouth gets him an early exit.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”