Recruiter visit

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
klusekm
US Army

Recruiter visit

Post by klusekm »

Yesterday i went to see a local recruiter and talk to him about a path for a ranger. I meet a Sergeant who is airborne and was honor guard. I talked to him about enlisting now and shipping out somewhere in July. He told me that he can get me squared away and ready this week or next but somehow i got the feeling that he did not want me to ship away that late. He started asking me questions why would i want to wait, so i told him i want to stay and get my pt in better shape also to stay with the family.

I mentioned the DEP program which he told me is only for high school kids but in some cases they make a exception. I pushed him on that issue little more and he told me i need a note from work saying that i must work till a specific date and loosing me any earlier would be bad for the company. Is that true? or is he just trying to ship me out as soon as he can?

Also i told them i had 60+ college credits but will not have a college transcript for 2 more weeks, which he told me should make me a Private first class and that i did not need to worry about it now, that he could promote me later on after meps.

Now i know not to sign nothing without a 11x Option 40 no matter what, but i want to know if the promotion would be possible after i sign the paper? And the DEP option must be on it too?
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Hey KluseKm, down at MEP's they take care of those things, when I was there I was jumped to E-2 for College credits, and the DEP is for people who can’t ship out early for a GOOD reason. I ship out in July because I am still enrolled and I got a letter from the dean saying that I am enrolled, so that’s how I got DEPed. If your recruiter says you can get a paper from your work to DEP, then do it. And down at MEP’s they will take care of everything. Just bring the right paper work and you will be good to go. Oh and your Pay Grade will be on your contract, your consular will tell you that. Make sure you read it carefully. I hope this helps, good luck
Last edited by 2DenY on March 26th, 2008, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

2DenY wrote:Hey KluseKm, down at MEP's they take care of those things, when I was there I was jumped to E-2 for Collage credits, and the DEP is for people who can’t ship out early for a GOOD reason. I ship out in July because I am still enrolled and I got a letter from the dean saying that I am enrolled, so that’s how I got DEPed. If your recruiter says you can get a paper from your work to DEP, then do it. And down at MEP’s they will take care of everything. Just bring the right paper work and you will be good to go. Oh and your Pay Grade will be on your contract, your consular will tell you that. Make sure you read it carefully. I hope this helps, good luck
Get the fuck down.

Knock out 50 for getting promoted based on your college credits.

Knock out a hundred for not being able to fucking spell college.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, 150 knocked out, plus another 50 for being a dumb ass and another 50 for not paying attention to detail. (correction made)
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated

Return to “Recruitment Process”