SITREP from RIP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
scar
Ranger

SITREP from RIP

Post by scar »

Rangers, today I just recieved my jump wings, and went up the hill to RIP hold, it is expected I will be there from 4 to 8 weeks, we already had 5 guys quit and go on world wide status today alone, I can tell the some of the ones who will be going on WW status soon too, they are already asking about bonus' if they dont complete RIP. the words Quit and Failure have been eliminated from my vocabulary. It is already a change from the Lax life style at BAC and I enjoy it. I am continuing to work out to improve myself for the worst things that I can be hit with. I have already been set up, my brother (baseplate here) knows a supply guy who is supposed to be looking for me, though I dont know who he is, I'm sure if he finds me then I will know quick.

I am out to get my tan beret and scroll and nothing will stop me at this point.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Good luck and do some good pt while you're on hold status. I had three weeks of hold before RIP started and it was great for my PT.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Drive on, Scar. You can and will make it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Scar

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Bill wrote:Drive on, Scar. You can and will make it.
Above words will help you succeed. Drive on Paratrooper!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You can earn the tan beret.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Stay focused, and don't let the negative ones influence you.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Keep on drivi'n you will make it!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
scar
Ranger

update

Post by scar »

Rangers, I took my PT test this morning and passed just fine, although it was, my start date is march 10

my pt score was weak since I have mainly been lifting weights and not doing a lot of push ups

48 push ups, 66 sit ups, 11:58 two mile, and 8 pull ups

nothing to be proud of, and it shows how easily I can lose it
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Trying to improve your pushups by lifting weights is like trying be a better fuck by jacking off. It may feel good to you, but it ain't the same thing.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

DixieRat wrote:Trying to improve your pushups by lifting weights is like trying be a better fuck by jacking off. It may feel good to you, but it ain't the same thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic!
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Re: update

Post by MORTARWILD »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Is 70% or higher now the RIP standard? Do you have to score 80% or higher before you graduate or did they mention that?
Ranger Tenn-RGR,

They told us we had to do 60% to enter RIP and 70% to graduate. The last RIP class that just graduated today had a lot of guys get recycled because of the final PT test.

Scar,

I am here with you. Send me a PM, we will hook up and do some PT or something this week before we go across to the other barracks into RIP.

It is crazy how many people quit after they failed the PT test. I saw people quit yesterday that I was at Airborne with, (yes I saw this come from their lips) "I will never quit, I got this shit in the bank, when I go to Bat I will own this and that......." Well now they are sitting in World Wide, and we have not even been handed over yet.

I am so Fired Up right now, I can not even describe what I am feeling.
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
scar wrote:Rangers, I took my PT test this morning and passed just fine, although it was, my start date is march 10

my pt score was weak since I have mainly been lifting weights and not doing a lot of push ups

Is 70% or higher now the RIP standard? Do you have to score 80% or higher before you graduate or did they mention that?
FYI, if you do graduate RIP you have exactly 6 months from the time you get there to attain a score of 80% or higher on the APFT or you will be RFS'd (Released for Standards) for failure to adapt.
Stop lifting, if you want to get better at push-ups DO PUSHUPS. Its not a secret.
Good sitrep, and good luck. Dont waste your time or your shot at this.
Roger Ranger Tenn-RGR 70% is the standard to pass RIP 60 is the standard to get in, seeing how low I was on my PT made me realize real quick that I do not need to be in the gym with weights, working to improve myself already
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

scar wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
scar wrote:Rangers, I took my PT test this morning and passed just fine, although it was, my start date is march 10

FYI, if you do graduate RIP you have exactly 6 months from the time you get there to attain a score of 80% or higher on the APFT or you will be RFS'd (Released for Standards) for failure to adapt.
Stop lifting, if you want to get better at push-ups DO PUSHUPS. Its not a secret.
Good sitrep, and good luck. Dont waste your time or your shot at this.
Roger Ranger Tenn-RGR 70% is the standard to pass RIP 60 is the standard to get in, seeing how low I was on my PT made me realize real quick that I do not need to be in the gym with weights, working to improve myself already
One day at a time, Scar. Nothing magic, just continued hard work on your part. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Infantry_Soldier wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
Ranger Tenn-RGR,

They told us we had to do 60% to enter RIP and 70% to graduate. The last RIP class that just graduated today had a lot of guys get recycled because of the final PT test.

Scar,

I am here with you. Send me a PM, we will hook up and do some PT or something this week before we go across to the other barracks into RIP.

It is crazy how many people quit after they failed the PT test. I saw people quit yesterday that I was at Airborne with, (yes I saw this come from their lips) "I will never quit, I got this shit in the bank, when I go to Bat I will own this and that......." Well now they are sitting in World Wide, and we have not even been handed over yet.

I am so Fired Up right now, I can not even describe what I am feeling.
PM? How fucking big can RIP hold be...just start bellowing for "scar" , find him , slap high fives, flip everyone off and then do some push ups.

And both of you...NEVER QUIT.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Letters from School”