Letter from USA1

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from USA1

Post by Earthpig »

Guys-

I wrote letters not long ago to USA1, ImportsRSloths, and hasmd03 at their OSUT unit in Ft. Benning. On the outside of one envelope, I wrote in huge letters: "Drill Sgt.- I love push-ups!" On the outside of the second envelope, I wrote: "Drill Sgt.- I love flutterkicks!" On the outside of the last envelope, I wrote:"Drill Sgt.- I love squat-thrusts!" Hopefully, the boys and their Drill Sgt.s had some fun in the sun with them. I received the following letter today from UDA1:
...............................................................................................
Ranger EarthPig, 23 March

First, thank you for taking the time in sending me, ImportsRSloths, and hasmd03 letters. We are definitely kicking ass and taking names. We have about 15 Option 40’s and 18 airborne contracts, with one 18X.

Our platoon is the front runner in every aspect of Basic. We won the pugil stick and AFPT streamers so far. We qualify on our M-16’s Friday. I shot 41/44 today on one of the practice ranges.

As far as PT goes, I’m doing good. We have groups that do extra PT during personal time every day. Our Drill Sgt. Bought us a weight bench and some free weights. I’ve already gained 15 lbs., mostly muscle.

As far as the Ranger Creed goes, I know the whole thing. I’m teaching it to the other guys, so we’ll all know it.
I also printed out the Ranger history, so I’ll have that all memorized also.

I can’t wait to get through OSUT and move on to Airborne and RIP. ImportsRSloths and hasmd03 have June 1st as their Bat date. Mine is June 7th, so I don’t know if I’ll be with them the rest of the way. I’m going to try to get in with them. Again, thank you for the letter and we’ll keep you posted on our progress.

USA1
.................................................................................................
I hope that these troops keep up the good work. It sounds to me like they have come together as a team and are setting the example for the other platoons. This should give you other Option 40 guys and DEPs a feel for what you need to do when you get to Basic. If these guys keep up the current tempo and maintain momentum, we just might see the word 'Ranger' under their avatars.
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on August 27th, 2004, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

HOOAH!!! I got a 12 hour pass today and figured I'd stop by for a few minutes..... OSUT has been cake so far..... 8) Guess who hooked our platoon up with the Pugel stick banner... :twisted:
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Hooah
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."

Return to “Letters from School”