Secured my OPT40!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
2DenY
Inprocessing

Secured my OPT40!

Post by 2DenY »

I secured my OPT40 Airborne Ranger, my ship date is 20080513. I’m so fucking happy but I still have to do my physical on Wednesday. Still have to fill out a little more of the paperwork. My recruiter said I should be good-to-go. I will post an update after my physical. I will be 100% happier when I am a 100% good-to-go.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

2DenY,

Congratulations on securing your contract! PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Congrats! Keep driving on.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I will congratulate you when you are 100% GTG.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Congrats, we will get your upgraded soon.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Don't waste the slot.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Rangers I was a go at every station, no prob. The ONLY thing that I did not qualify for is citizenship. I was misunderstood that when my parents became citizen, that the child under 18 automatically becomes a citizen, but I read the act and it states any child under 18 is CONCIDERD a citizen but must also complete a N600 ($460!) form at INS, and my parents fail to do that. So now I’m stuck with this, I will do more research on it, I’m thinking on getting a passport or fill the N600 out. Just have to do a little more research and head out tomorrow to immigration. My recruiter and I or going to fix this problem, it should not be a problem. I just want to see if a passport will be accepted and which one will take less time to process. My consoler said all I need a proof of citizenship, I just don’t know how long it will take to process. Well I have no time to spare I have to do lots of research tonight and tomorrow make some phone calls and some visits. Still motivated 100%
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

2DenY wrote:Rangers I was a go at every station, no prob. The ONLY thing that I did not qualify for is citizenship. I was misunderstood that when my parents became citizen, that the child under 18 automatically becomes a citizen, but I read the act and it states any child under 18 is CONCIDERD a citizen but must also complete a N600 ($460!) form at INS, and my parents fail to do that. So now I’m stuck with this, I will do more research on it, I’m thinking on getting a passport or fill the N600 out. Just have to do a little more research and head out tomorrow to immigration. My recruiter and I or going to fix this problem, it should not be a problem. I just want to see if a passport will be accepted and which one will take less time to process. My consoler said all I need a proof of citizenship, I just don’t know how long it will take to process. Well I have no time to spare I have to do lots of research tonight and tomorrow make some phone calls and some visits. Still motivated 100%

If you are a citizen you would be able to get a US PASSPORT.

Green card holders have their HOME COUNTRY PASSPORT and a red stamp that says "Processed for I-551 immagration and naturalization". THIS ONLY MEANS YOU ARE A GREEN CARD HOLDER, BUT DON'T HAVE THE CARD YET. You are eligible to join the military but NOT become a Ranger.

How did you secure your option 40 if your citizenship document wasn't straight? You should not have even been allowed to enlist.

If you can't prove you are a citizen and not a green card holder you will lose your option 40 contract.

If you have to do the N600, your recruiter (or his Bn) should have a contact at the local INS office to expedite.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

SFC Hit_it yah I understand the dilemma, I don’t know how, it just happened. I’m going down and getting a passport, after I translate my birth certificate. The N600 is just not practical in my case, so I will go ahead and get me a passport. I have all the paper works for the passport .just have to translate and send in the forms, it should take about 2 weeks to process. No big deal, just have to go down to MEP’s again this time coming out with a contract. I will post an update.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Rangers, I just applied for my passport and it will arrive in 5-10 business days. I will post an update.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated

Return to “Recruitment Process”