Post by Barnett »

Whatever it takes Ranger Bugsy.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Barnett wrote:Whatever it takes Ranger Bugsy.
It appears Ranger that you are in fact correct. 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

That's a damn good bump, Bugs.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

BUMP SOUND OFF!!! Notice DEP's that most who "we're deps at the time" and responded do not have RANGER underneath their title. Ranger Barnett and Ranger Runner were the only ones who committed to their objective that responded.

What are you prepared to do?
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Hello.....DEP's....anyone out there?!

I think Ranger Bugsy Bumped this for a reason (maybe...i dunno...cause some of you weren't around for the first round).

Sound Off like you got a pair and respond to this Ranger's request (pretty please with sugar on it....)

tick tock tick tock
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Ranger Bugsy,

After reading about Three Fifty, I learned that no amount of studying, PT'ing, etc. can prepare a DEP for the stress imposed by military training. It takes balls, and they'll get kicked hard no matter what. Outside problems (such as a woman...) may become a distraction, but it's crucial to drive on despite the circumstances. From his failure, I realize the importance of true motivation- the motivation that drives through the suck at Cole Range and won't be lost for some girlfriend.

I'm prepared to give 110% and then some to accomplish my goal. Talk is cheap, but I'm motivated and will prove myself at RIP. I want to be a Ranger, cold beer, women, and college can wait.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Copperhead wrote:Ranger Bugsy,

After reading about Three Fifty, I learned that no amount of studying, PT'ing, etc. can prepare a DEP for the stress imposed by military training. It takes balls, and they'll get kicked hard no matter what. Outside problems (such as a woman...) may become a distraction, but it's crucial to drive on despite the circumstances. From his failure, I realize the importance of true motivation- the motivation that drives through the suck at Cole Range and won't be lost for some girlfriend.

I'm prepared to give 110% and then some to accomplish my goal. Talk is cheap, but I'm motivated and will prove myself at RIP. I want to be a Ranger, cold beer, women, and college can wait.

-Caleb
Leave it to "metalskull" to be the first. Good job on your timing stud. I'll let Ranger Bugsy Critique your post (it's his goat--he can slap it the way he wants too).

Caleb, you stepped up stud... that shit counts...best of luck in July....I can understand why you are the DEP Mod...Drive on....Drive on....I'll get you a beer when you get your Beret...(and your mentor will make you push to China for that beer!But it WILL be cold).
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Hairy
Paratrooper

Post by Hairy »

Ranger Bugsy,
In direct response to your question "What are you Prepared to do?" I am prepared to do whatever it takes. I am willing to give it all, physically and mentally. I am prepared to go into RIP with only one thing on my mind, obtaining the tan beret, the scroll, and the coveted title Ranger.

I am prepared to PT for hours to make sure I am in the best possible shape I can be in before entering RIP. I am prepared to let my dream of becoming a Ranger dictate parts of my life, "I want to go to this party but if busted I will lose my Option40." I strive now to be the best at whatever I'm doing and never settle for second place as well as holding myself to a higher moral standard.

In short I'm prepared to do whatever is necessary to be a Ranger. I'm highly motivated and can't wait to prove myself, but as Copperhead said, talk is cheap. Which I also learned from 350.
JWStL
Embryo

Post by JWStL »

Ranger Bugsy,
After reading the material you had assigned I came to a very simple conclusion. I don't feel that three fifty lacked the motivation necessary to persevere. It is my opinion that he wasn't ever truly committed. It seemed like he wanted all the benefits that go along with being a Ranger, but wasn't willing to put forth the necessary effort/commitment to earn them. You see people like this in all walks of life. It's a shame that he opted to handle the situation in the manner which he did. Learning from this, I am entering in to my enlistment knowing that I am committed to the Army for the next 4 years 19 weeks. I have not just committed myself for that long to not attain the goals I have set for myself. I will not settle for less. I will become a United States Army Ranger. Cast or Tab
Shipdate: 20080428

Ranger Invictus’ mentee
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

1. Copperhead good response, I expected as much from you stud. 8)

2. Hairy (you're a no go for you did not do the research on 3-Fifty) and gave me the typical....... I'm gonna do it response.

The question should have been in your mind...(what am I prepared to do now that I know what happened to 3-Fifty and how it seemed he did it all right up until the very last part). You have 72 hours to do research and then repost.

3. XCrunner, I thought your post sounded wordy almost like a speech writer wrote it (but there truly is no RIGHT Answer)

4. JWStL, I think you hit the nail on the head.

The key for this exercise for each of you was to show you how somebody seemed to display the proper motivation, knew the Ranger Creed by heart, lost weight, PT'd his butt off and was looked upon as a future leader with his peers. But in the end he blew it and QUIT/went AWOL and was never heard from again. Whether it was because of a girl or lack of balls. The key is that he lost his focus and determination.

DO NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN TO YOU.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Prodigy922 wrote:Rangers, DEPs, others: Three Fifty put forth an internet fortitude that one would consider magnificent. His descriptions and forthcomings toward becoming a Ranger seemed as though no end was in site for him. Having lost weight, built up the endurance as opposed to that useless muscle, and "mentally" prepared himself, he seemed ready to rock and roll. In the end though this all was nothing, and in my opinion a huge, huge waste of time. Like spending 8 years at law school then not becoming a lawyer but rather a security guard.

What I've learned from him in compilation with countless other events, is that there is no real "preparation" to become a Ranger. You do not magically set yourself up mentally, get in good shape, and be ready to be a Ranger. The absolute best thing to do is make sure you have NO problems before you ship off back at the house. You can be the biggest, fattest dumbest, slowest person out there. But with hard work, dedication, honor, integrity, and a self-discipline that keeps you out of trouble and on track, you can become a Ranger. Never quit, never surrender to anyone, never give up, listen to your inner thoughts. *unless they're saying quit*. I've spent the last 2 months running myself until I throw up, pushups and situps until I pass out, reading the 2007 Ranger Manual front to back. I've come to realize that while that's all great in making training a BIT less harder, it doesn't set you in as becoming a Ranger. Only after you completed your task will you have done what it takes to be ready to be a Ranger. Signing out..

-Shawn

I call Spotlight :roll: :roll:

I don't like when people tell me things they think I want to hear...That's the feeling I get.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Bugsy,
I first came across Three Fifty’s AWOL story while indulging in SunDevilWrestler’s thread and I ended up reading the whole damn thing. While that is all irrelevant to what you are asking, I enjoyed reading it again because from my outlook the lesson to be learned is so valuable.
I read through all his meaningful posts and I just could not connect the guy at the beginning who lost 50lbs. and sounded off with so much drive to the guy who went AWOL in BAC. He said this, he said that, and then one day he just walks like he was playing a fucking backyard football game. Maybe he memorized the Ranger Creed, but his story shows why that isn’t sufficient. From my perspective language, words, chatter are all absolutely rubbish unless action follows. It is how we act and what we do that delivers meaning. I don’t know the exact problem with Three Fifty’s life at the time, but he sure as shit didn’t compliment his words with any action. It’s astonishing to see somebody work towards an objective, but when the objective starts to inflict pain they go elsewhere. Well, I presume that not everyone is cut out to live the Ranger Creed.

I am actually glad there are a lot of quitters and attrition because if there wasn’t I truly wouldn’t be interested in the lifestyle. I want to see quitters, if I am the only one left in RIP so be it. I don’t care how severe the pain is or what happens at home I will get to the Regiment. I will not leave Fort Benning until I get my scroll, they will have to bury me alive to get rid of me. My objective is set in stone, nothing comes before it, I mean nothing and until it is complete nothing else matters. But of course all this means nothing until I report back with my objective complete.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Ranger Bugsy,

All I can say is that ThreeFifty shocks me. I have learned to follow through with my commitments and to not allow some girlfriend/fiancee/wife (or any other reason, be it fear, pain, anxiety) to influence my decision to volunteer for service as an Army Ranger. I want to be a Ranger more than anything and like Copperhead has said: I'll prove myself in RIP. I'll do anything to make it happen.

-DRM
Last edited by DRM on February 1st, 2008, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”