Suicide blast in Pakistani city kills 20

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Suicide blast in Pakistani city kills 20

Post by Chiron »

LAHORE, Pakistan - A suicide bomber exploded among police guarding the front of a court in eastern Pakistan ahead of a planned protest by lawyers Thursday, killing at least 20 people and wounding dozens more, officials and witnesses said.

An Associated Press photographer at the scene of the attack outside the Lahore High Court saw more than 25 dead or wounded people, including police and civilians. Wounded people lying in pools of blood were crying for help.

Full story

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my humble opinion:

I see this as part of the GWOT. The deaths in Pakistan over the last few years make it number three out of the 22 current wars going on in the world. In fact I understand that Somalia is number one in deaths and Etheopia number two.

There is a movement trying to gain ground in Pakistan which is none other than OBL and the Taliban.

There is much at stake here as Pakistan is a nuclear power and if the current government pushes too hard the Islamist movement will gain momentum. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”