Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

KeyserS175 wrote:You want to know what is REALLY sad, the last movie I saw in the theatre was Return of the King!!! But I did just get The Simpsons movie and it is the GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!!
I rate it up there with Hot Fuzz for the funniest movies I've seen in 2007.

I watched Balls of Fury today, it has some of the Reno 911 folks in it. I would give it a "meh, I've seen better" but was mildly entertaining.

I watched Rescue Dawn the other night, that was pretty good. I hadn't read anything about Dengler's escape before, sounds like a book to add to my reading list.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GSXRanger wrote:Has anyone seen Alien Vs. Predator - Requiem yet???

Is it decent? Does it suck?

Netflix or Big Screen??
There's no better way to celebrate Christmas than to watch a movie filled with killing, violence, and two ugly aliens fighting to the death.

I didn't like it as much as the first AVP. The part of AVP1 I didn't like was the alien/predator hybrid, and that's what AVP2 was all about. I would have liked to see the chick that survived AVP1 show up to team up with the predator to fight the aliens.

I would say Netflix or PPV; it's only worth about $3.99.

Deathproof sucked dog balls! It took so long to get to the crashes and car chases that it ruined the whole movie.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Roger that AC... thanks for the insight.

I actually liked the first AVP... call me crazy. Also, I concur that I wish the survivor chick would have made a return... she was... er, shag-able to say the least!!!

Well, I guess it's off to see P.S. I Love You... (sniff sniff sniff)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GSXRanger wrote: Well, I guess it's off to see P.S. I Love You... (sniff sniff sniff)
P.S. Haha! Wait, what am I talking about; it's a small price to pay when you have a hot wife.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I think I'm gonna' have to go see Sweeney Todd. There will be singing... :x
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

TC204 wrote:I thought AVP was pretty good. The only actor I recognized was the chick from 24.
No-name actors make movies seem more realistic, to me.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

I watched The Kingdom last night. Pretty good flick IMHO. For those of you that have been to Saudi before, how accurate is it as far as the compounds, etc.?
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Best movie I've seen in awhile-

The Rocket

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460505/

The true story of Maurice "Rocket" Richard of the Montreal Canadiens. It's a really good movie, great action sequences and it makes you appreciate what spoiled bitches modern athletes are- The Rocket worked as a machinist in the 1940's and 50's while he played professional hockey at night. Even if you don't necessarily love hockey, it's a great flick.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

FireFinder wrote:I watched The Kingdom last night. Pretty good flick IMHO. For those of you that have been to Saudi before, how accurate is it as far as the compounds, etc.?
Concur, watched it with the wife tonight and thought it was pretty good.

Went to see The Great Debaters this weekend and really enjoyed it. Highly recommend it.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Invictus wrote:
FireFinder wrote:I watched The Kingdom last night. Pretty good flick IMHO. For those of you that have been to Saudi before, how accurate is it as far as the compounds, etc.?
Concur, watched it with the wife tonight and thought it was pretty good.

Went to see The Great Debaters this weekend and really enjoyed it. Highly recommend it.
Kingdom was an awesome movie. Only things I didn't like about it was Jennifer Gardner's concrn for the terrorist kid at the end and how after the car crash and vehicle swap, all of a sudden they have all these guns and spare mags......

"I am legend" rocks!!
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Charlie Wilsons War

It is outstanding!

I highly encourage people to see it.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

The civilian compounds must be different, because (sp?) Eskan Village, PSAB, and Al Karj didn't look like that. Eskan Village (Riyadh) is pretty huge, and all the buildings look exactly the same; there were not any little houses like what was shown in the movie. The buildings looked more like beige condos or something. Al Karj was all tents, and I didn't see any Patriot batteries set up on PSAB in the movie.

Again, the civilian compounds could be different, and I havn't been there for 10 years.

What did look accurate was Riyadh, the compound entrances, and the road systems; although, the movie did not depict the crazy fucking drivers, and the junked cars all over the sides of the highways.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Darksaga wrote:Charlie Wilsons War

It is outstanding!

I highly encourage people to see it.
Glad to hear it's good, I really liked the book and want to see the movie. 8)
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The Mosh Pit”