Born with Only One Kidney

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Klunk
Embryo

Born with Only One Kidney

Post by Klunk »

Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this right.

I was born with only one kidney. It has never caused me any problems at all, and I have be fit and healthy all of my life.

Is this an automatic DQ from the all armed services? What about the Rangers?

Also, I've had ADD in the past but haven't been on medication for two years or so. I read somewhere that having ADD in the past was not a problem, as long as you hadn't taken medication for in in more than a year. Can anyone shed some light on this?
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

see the first sticky
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Tater Nuts wrote:Go post an intro in the right place or just go away, your choice.
Thank you!
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Born with Only One Kidney

Post by RangerX »

Klunk wrote:Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope I'm doing this right.

I was born with only one kidney. It has never caused me any problems at all, and I have be fit and healthy all of my life.

Is this an automatic DQ from the all armed services? What about the Rangers?

Also, I've had ADD in the past but haven't been on medication for two years or so. I read somewhere that having ADD in the past was not a problem, as long as you hadn't taken medication for in in more than a year. Can anyone shed some light on this?
You're fucked.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Leatherneck wrote:You have 2 kidneys because 20 million years of human development, chasing large, dangerous aggressive mastodons around on the Savannah, selected for people with two so you could survive with trauma to one.

I recommend medical school. Do you have any idea how much you'll get laid as a doctor? You don't even have to have a dick.

Good luck.
IOW Darwin's a Bitch. Hopefully he won't take your advice and it will lessen his opportunities for procreation.
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

And Trust me, If you go to First Bn and get drunk enough, sooner or later you will find yourself chasing large, dangerous aggressive mastodons around Savannah.
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

bustedkidney wrote:And Trust me, If you go to First Bn and get drunk enough, sooner or later you will find yourself chasing large, dangerous aggressive mastodons around Savannah.
Hahahaha. Funny.

Nearly the truth. The truth is .................. they will be chasing YOU. And they are not afraid the track you all the way to where you sleep either.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “Medical Issues”