jump

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
StrykeFirst
US Army

jump

Post by StrykeFirst »

Just a quick funny story...Class 02-08 jumping into Darby, the entire first pass which included the battatlion CDR and CSM ended up in the trees...Luckily I was on the 2nd pass and hit dead center of the freshly plowed DZ...No body got med dropped suprisingly...
172nd Stryker Brigade
OIF III (Aug 05-Dec 06)
ReFlagged 1st Brigade/25th ID (Stryker)
RS 02-08

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway
Horned Toad
Ranger

Re: jump

Post by Horned Toad »

StrykeFirst wrote:Just a quick funny story...Class 02-08 jumping into Darby, the entire first pass which included the battatlion CDR and CSM ended up in the trees...Luckily I was on the 2nd pass and hit dead center of the freshly plowed DZ...No body got med dropped suprisingly...
Won’t be the first time won’t be the last, one of the helos is my class got put out somewhere between Arkman and RTB, seem the jumpmaster heard execute execute execute and didn’t bother to look out the bird and just started pushing people out. Seems about 4 or so went out but there was a bat boy on there who held on because he at least could see that there was no DZ below
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Dave, I believe he is referring to Fryar (freshly plowed)
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

RRDTm3 wrote:Dave, I believe he is referring to Fryar (freshly plowed)
I know was just commenting on trees and jumps in general. :)
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”