Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

streek
Egg

Introduction

Post by streek »

Hi, my name is Tyler. I am 19 years old and I have graduated from high school.
I enlisted in the Army as a DEP in October. I have an 11x contract with an option 40. My ship date is January 3, 2008. I am currently pissed off that it has taken me this long to find this awesome site. I just wanted to say thank you in advance to all of the Ranger's that have posted their knowledge on this website; I have been reading alot of these posts, and I will try not to ask any questions that have been asked before.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Tyler.

PM (private message) inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. Yeah, you found us a bit late to give you much help in reaching your goal. So you are on your own, like so many of us old guys were. Never quit and you will do just fine.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

Welcome, get your shit wired tight and drive on to the objective...never fucking quit!!!!!
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Tyler. Kick ass in RIP and come back here with your scroll and beret. That's not a request either. That's an order :D

RTO out.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Copperhead...good job getting right to it.

Streek...Bad night for you to say hey... :twisted:

By 1:03 hrs 20122007, I would really like for you to let us know what the sacrifice of those who have come before you means to you...and why you want to join our Brotherhood..(Kinda reference the significance of the time and date...hint...hint...)
No min. or max. words....Just give it...

Good Luck...Time starts now...tick tock tick tock...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome. What have you been doing from the time of your enlistment until now to prepare? What are your PT scores?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
streek
Egg

Post by streek »

Ranger 42L5V: I have been working on improving my run times primarily because I do realize that I need to be faster. My PT scores are as follows: Push-ups-82, Sit-ups- 89, Chin-ups- 14, and my 2 mile run time is 15:11.

Ranger Oto-Man: I have no excuse for not responding in time. Also, I am sorry but I do not understand the hint. To me sir, to be able to die for one's country and family is THE highest honor any man can achieve in his life. Therefore, those who have gone before me deserve the utmost respect, honor, and loyalty of ANYONE who calls themselve's American. I want to join the Brotherhood of Rangers because I have played 4 years of high school football; I have therefore merely had a taste of what a brotherhood is like. I can only imagine what Brotherhood awaits in the 75th Ranger Regiment. I want to be able to say that I trust my life with the man, the Ranger, the brother next to me and that he trusts his with me.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

streek you have some serious work to do. Not only on your PT, but the mental aspect of the job also. Please take the advice that the Rangers give you and use it wisely.

Good luck to you on your enlistment. Remember that those that are not prepared end up in some regular Army unit doing regular things. So far you are just regular.

You only have a short time here to prepare yourself to be in this Family. The brotherhood that you felt in football is no where near the Brotherhood in the Rangers. It's not even a small peak at the big picture.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Tyler, time is short. Make the most of every day and stay out of trouble. More than one young man has gotten into trouble and lost everything. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Don't screw up by celebrating the holidays the wrong way. By the time you've graduated jump school, you'll have so outgrown your old high school "buddies" that you won't give a ratscrew about them 3 minutes after you see them again, so don't blow it.
This is the last Christmas/NY that you're likely to see ol' Mom&Dad for years to come. Spend it with them while you recover from your runs and learn to do your S/U & P/Us properly.

In the end, you either have what it takes to earn your way into our Regiment or you don't, regardless of when you found this site. It's not rocket science & most of us did it without any helpful hints from our antecidents.
Now ask your recruiter how to do those pushups the
right way. Don't be surprised when your score is lower. :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

streek wrote: Ranger Oto-Man: I have no excuse for not responding in time. Also, I am sorry but I do not understand the hint. To me sir, to be able to die for one's country and family is THE highest honor any man can achieve in his life. Therefore, those who have gone before me deserve the utmost respect, honor, and loyalty of ANYONE who calls themselve's American. I want to join the Brotherhood of Rangers because I have played 4 years of high school football; I have therefore merely had a taste of what a brotherhood is like. I can only imagine what Brotherhood awaits in the 75th Ranger Regiment. I want to be able to say that I trust my life with the man, the Ranger, the brother next to me and that he trusts his with me.
OMFG!!! You have got to be shitting me! Thanks for the hand job cupcake...but NO.. That was not what I was looking for...and NO you can't imagine shit about the Regiment...right now your mindset is so far away from where it needs to be that your imagination can't even begin to see the Horror that awaits you.

I made a couple of assumptions.

1. This was not your first day on the Internet.
2. That you actually WANTED to be a Ranger.

Lets see what the Internet had to say about that date (Dec. 20, 1989):

Google's first two listings say:
1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaCollectively known as the Revolutions of 1989, they were the death knell for the ..... December 20 - Operation Just Cause is launched in an attempt to ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989 - 197k - Cached - Similar pages

United States invasion of Panama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThe military incursion into Panama began on December 20, 1989, at 0100 local time. The operation involved 27684 U.S. troops and over 300 aircraft —including ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Panama - 88k - Cached - Similar pages

You are leaving immediately, and know (and care) so little about Ranger History that you couldn't take 30 seconds to Google a fookin' date (that you should have known about?) I even removed all standards from the task...Just wanted an answer of any kind.

These are a little harder and you may want to figure this out before you leave....no need to post your answers...

Who was Roger?
Who was Merrill?
What is the significance of Point Du Hoc and where is it?
Ever heard of Myitkyina?
Anything happen in October of 1974 that might be significant to the 2nd Ranger Batt.?

My first AT Section Leader said it best "You can be a SMART Ranger or you will be a STRONG Ranger."

Seem's like you may want to get them PT scores up a little there Sparky...

Best of luck to you...you'll need it.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I think it's that time of year when the line of fucking drones come knocking on the door. The cycle continues.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”