Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I went to Pennridge.

But, like I told that other retard DEP, since I am proud to have been a 'regular Infantry soldier' I suppose I couldn't help you.

Drive on.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
F50LRRP
BANNED

Post by F50LRRP »

There is nothing "Regular" about being Infantry. An Infantryman is the fighting soldier. All other soldiers are support for the Infantry.

Medics and Forward Observers serve directly with the Infantry and for that they have my utmost respect.

Rangers are the finest Infantry soldiers in the world and they are proud of their Infantry heritage.

An Infantryman wears blue discs behind his brass and a blue cord at his shoulder. He alone in the Army rates that distinction.

The Infantry has an Expert Infantry Badge and a Combat Infantry Badge for those who earn them. They and medics are the only soldiers who rate being eligible for these emblems of skill or sacrafice.

Don't sell the Infantry short as just regular Infantry.
BonesTheUnforgiving
Tadpole

Post by BonesTheUnforgiving »

I absolutely love the outdoors. I'm a fisher, hunter, hiker, camper...you name it I do it.
Have you ever gone fishing with explosives? :shock:
Leadership is an action, not a position.

RIP: US Marine Lance Cpl. Troy Nealey 82-06
RIP: US Army SSG. Ricky Kieffer 69-05

Mentee to; Paladin1952

OIF 07-08
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Geedep wrote:
I have always wanted to be an Airborne Ranger from a child, as I grew up around it because of my father, but never acted upon it. My parents didn't really want me to do it either, so that is another reason for the long delay.
Can you make sense of your own statement?
Geedep
Embryo

Post by Geedep »

Ranger Matador, I was saying that I have always wanted to be a Ranger since I was a child. I didn't want to say anything about it, but my father was a Ranger. I always grew up seeing pictures and looking through his books so I was always interested in it.

My parents did not want me to go the same route as my dad, they wanted me to get an education and get a job, not living the military life because it was hard for them at the time. So that was the initial delay. I respected that and went to school for a little but did not want to live my life with a regret. So I decided to join up and go for it.

Now that I am older, 23 years old as opposed to 17-18, they support my decision.

Return to “Introduction Archive”