Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Hey, I was tired OK?... :?

Jeez, what's a guy hafta do to catch a nap?....
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

grumpz wrote:Thank you for your advice and pm Ranger Bill.

I am currently reading up on SF and trying to decide what I would like to do.

Right now I think SF would be better for me, because what they require seems to fit my personality a little better than the Ranger program.
How the fuck do you know what fits your personality when you don't even understand what they are selling? Your recruiter needs to fill certain jobs, he's using your lack of knowledge against you, to suit his needs, not yours. He is not your friend and will tell you anything you want to hear.

But if that's the case I got a 79 Pinto I'll sell ya for 7500.00
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

grumpz wrote:Ranger Cams:

Thank you for your response. That thought has been in the back of my mind the whole time. But then if I cant trust what he is telling me, who can I trust? I dont mean to disrespect anyone here, but couldnt you guys be blowing smoke as well? How can I know for sure who is legit and who is not, being that I have not experienced the military yet? Where can I go for unbiased information on the two programs then?

Please dont take offense to anything I have said. I am just looking for guidance and opinions so I can make the best possible decision for myself.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate you guys taking the time to post here and help me out.
He does it because he needs to, the Rangers here do it because they want to.

If you can't see the truth in that then go fucking find out for yourself. Now go fucking read some threads here, all your answers are here you fucking drone.

DEPS, post!
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

oh GOD, wait till Ranger Kilted Heathen sees this thread! :shock:

Son, every Ranger on this site has been verified as having 'been there, done that'. We all want you to succeed and serve in the military in some way, somewhere.

That's the reason we all spend time here in the intro sections daily to encourage and give the straight facts about the Military in general and Rangering specificly to young men just like yourself. We have many on this site who came here, just like you, looking for info who are now currently serving with a tan beret and a Ranger scroll/Tab.

Go back and re-read this entire thread. You have already been given some OUTSTANDING advice. Time to step away from the keyboard and spend some time reading more info/threads on this site. If you need some help finding a suitable Special Forces website, I'm sure someone here can give you some excellent advice on where to recearch that info.

now go read more and post less.

p.s. how are your PT scores? 2 minute pushup? 2 minute situp? 2 mile run? post your scores here please.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

A good starting point for you is the Special Operations Training Forum on this site. There you will find the answers to your many of your questions. If your questions have not been answerd before, ask them. A number of verified members here have service as a Ranger and with Special Forces.

While you are at it, read the Ranger Creed and take the time to truly understand what those words mean. Do not question the integrity of any Ranger on this site. Do not even hint at it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
F50LRRP
BANNED

Post by F50LRRP »

If I were you, I wouldn't post here again for at least three more weeks. I would read every sticky and every thread that I could. I would go to other sites that deal with Special Forces and read every sticky and thread posted there. Then I would very humbly come back here and 1st beg forgiveness and then ask any question that I might still have.

Right now, you aren't worth crap as a wannabe soldier who doesn't know the difference between a Ranger and a Special Forces soldier. Get some knowledge and then engage.

Take it from someone who has worn the "Scroll" of an Army Ranger and the "Patch" of a Special Forces operator. One isn't better than the other. They are close to each other in eliteism but entirely different in focus.

RLTW,

Mike

Return to “Introduction Archive”