ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Gun Control

Should be mandatory viewing by any anti-gunnie out there.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

GSXRanger wrote:Gun Control

That is the exact thing that enters my mind whenever I hear someone mention gun control. Particularly the part with Jackie Mason.

As for licensing..

You need license to hunt...because it is not a right.

You need a license to drive a car....because it is not right.

You should not need a license to own or carry a gun...because it is a right, guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, and likely about to be reaffirmed by the Supremes in short order.

Of course, I'm one of those nutjobs that thinks the individual should be able to possess anything the government is allowed to. I mean any...thing.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

That was good, thanks.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Some dude from the comments section of that page wrote:I'm sorry, but the 2nd Amendment is the single most outdated piece of legislation in this country. Back in the 1700's, a "well-regulated militia" could stand a chance against an oppressive government. How long do you think a "well-regulated militia" would last against the current US military? You could arm half the population of the country and they'd still lose.
I love seeing comments like this. Because it gives me immediate information about their intelligence level.

In case of a mass uprising by American citizens, I find it highly unlikely that 100% of the soldiers would stormtrooper it up and open fire on fellow Americans. I could certainly see bases going on alert and shutting down the gates with "touch the fence and I shoot you" orders, but actively seeking other Americans and blowing them away? Yeah, fucking right. Retention's hard fighting an unpopular war. Fighting a civil war? Please.

Anyways, back on track, whether or not citizens having access to guns makes them safer is wholly irrelevant. We have them. Criminals have them. Disarming citizens will immediately result in Bad ThingsTM. It'll take years for criminals to run low on guns and ammo and in the meantime, the populace will live in crime-infested lawlessness. Disarming American civilians *might* make America safer 10-20 years from now, but there would be some SERIOUSLY rough times between now and then.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

RangerX wrote:

That is the exact thing that enters my mind whenever I hear someone mention gun control. Particularly the part with Jackie Mason.

As for licensing..

You need license to hunt...because it is not a right.

You need a license to drive a car....because it is not right.

You should not need a license to own or carry a gun...because it is a right, guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, and likely about to be reaffirmed by the Supremes in short order.
Of course, I'm one of those nutjobs that thinks the individual should be able to possess anything the government is allowed to. I mean any...thing.
That will be a good thing in the short term. Once a Dem President is elected and a couple of conservative justices retire, the SC will reverse their decision, IMO.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

The question is .....what would happen if it was more than just threatened ? ......

What if it was chopped?

What would happen ...?...

I dont thnk anything would ....I think the SHEEP, that are legion, would say "OH well" and go back to munching grass....and Europe would clap thier collective hands..... and say "about time"

Meanwhile we loose.... so I submit to you ? what would happen ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rgrpuck wrote:The question is .....what would happen if it was more than just threatened ? ......

What if it was chopped?

What would happen ...?...

I dont thnk anything would ....I think the SHEEP, that are legion, would say "OH well" and go back to munching grass....and Europe would clap thier collective hands..... and say "about time"

I think its obvious. A great many otherwize law abiding Americans would become criminal after a well publicized amnesty period. These "ROGUES" would become media examples and made to be malcontents, against the grain types and basically treated as terrorists by a very liberal thinking contingent. Those who purchased weapons through legal means (recorded transactions) would be given an amnesty period to turn these guns in to collection points. If they do not, they will be sent letters stating that they are to comply immediatly or show proof that the weapons were sold, gifted and to whom. Another amnesty period with threats of criminal prosecution, fines, ect.... After that, they would be visited by local authorities. From there...it gets worse.

That answer your question.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

rgrpuck wrote:
same as what happened in Australia
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Horned Toad wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:
same as what happened in Australia

Yep ....

not a fucking thing
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I heard a very interesting proposition on the "no spin zone"... they were talking about Hillary, and her Hillary-care Communist Healthcare System. We all know, she is as ANTI-Gun as she could be... but, the 2nd Ammendment has stood the test of time.

So, what was brought up was this... once Health Care is socialized, the Govt. has to start rationing it. Now... the first thing she could pass, would be that the Federal Government would ration that health care to states, unlsess they revoke CCW Permits. Then, they could ration it to everyone that did not turn in weapons.

Crazy, yeah... but, they argued that it is a legal loophole.

Imagine a country with socialized healthcare... you have to wait behind Crack-Head Mother, and her fo' babies... with runny noses, while you wait to have your rotator cuff operated on by the lowest bidder...

Now, since you did not turn in your weapons, you are not offered health-care.

That shit scares me.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

GSXRanger wrote:I heard a very interesting proposition on the "no spin zone"... they were talking about Hillary, and her Hillary-care Communist Healthcare System. We all know, she is as ANTI-Gun as she could be... but, the 2nd Ammendment has stood the test of time.

So, what was brought up was this... once Health Care is socialized, the Govt. has to start rationing it. Now... the first thing she could pass, would be that the Federal Government would ration that health care to states, unlsess they revoke CCW Permits. Then, they could ration it to everyone that did not turn in weapons.

Imagine a country with socialized healthcare... you have to wait behind Crack-Head Mother, and her fo' babies... with runny noses, while you wait to have your rotator cuff operated on by the lowest bidder...

That shit scares me.

That would make the issue of states rights ........Again .......

We have been down that road ....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

rgrpuck wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:I heard a very interesting proposition on the "no spin zone"... they were talking about Hillary, and her Hillary-care Communist Healthcare System. We all know, she is as ANTI-Gun as she could be... but, the 2nd Ammendment has stood the test of time.

That shit scares me.

That would make the issue of states rights ........Again .......

We have been down that road ....
True... but, rationing health care, unless certain compliances happened, is not that far fetched.

I for one, do not believe that guns will ever be forced from the hands of Americans. I know, I will never give mine up, nor will I serve under a CIC that orders us to collect them. That's just me... not saying it will happen in my lifetime, I just know what I would do.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Weapons of War”