StackedRackedReadyToStudy

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SRR2R
Tadpole

StackedRackedReadyToStudy

Post by SRR2R »

Rangers and other board members,

It has been many moons since I logged into ArmyRanger.com, and thought it appropriate for a concise update. Throughout my tenure on this board, I have been a student pursuing admittance into medical school, while harboring a keen interest in the Ranger way of life. Even upon acceptance into medical school, I spoke earnestly with both a recruiter and a medical student who is a veteran, Ranger qualified with past deployment to the sand, not to mention a bad mofo. Ultimately, I enrolled (upon acceptance) into medical school and in August, I entered the 2011 class of Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine (PCSOM).

I have certainly accomplished very little in the scope of the entire process, so I'm not trying to toot a proverbial horn, but rather to thank the members of this site for the advise and wisdom I have gleaned over the years. The time and energy spent communicating with us young civilians was not wasted upon me, despite choosing a route other than enlistment. My school has many members of its faculty that are retired or veteran Navy doctors, and the influence is obvious, from punctuality to professional dress code. While I have no prior military experience, this site has made me not a stranger to the attitude of mandatory class attendance/don't be late/bring all your diagnostic tools/wear your white coat on lab days/learn the basics the right way before you move onto to the hot shit. We have had three "blocks" of tests, I did reasonably well (but not good enough for me) on the first, not so well on the second, and just finished the third where I returned my performance closer to the first block. I'm still far from where I need to be, but the answer is to put on more steam, and work harder than the next guy. 110% and then some.

All branches of the military offer scholarships and options for medical students/residents, so that remains an option (Army, of course). In fact, during orientation, our most engaging speaker was a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) from the Army, who spoke praises of the opportunities of working in the Army.

In closing, I'd like to thank veterans, both past and active, for keeping this world safe enough to provide oppurtunities for the rest of us. Stay safe, particularly those deployed, and keep taking the fight to those terrorist bastards. For all those who don't give two flying shits about an update on a civilian cherry, I'm pushing as we speak.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Thanks for the sitrep. Outstanding. Congratulations young man. I am very proud of your accomplishments. Keep driving on. You have a very bright future in front of you regardless of your career path.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Being a Doctor is nothing to sneeze at! I mean it's not the same as being a Ranger, but it's pretty darn good.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for being accepted to medical school. Give serious consideration to serving as an Army surgeon.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations on your acceptance to med school. Once you achieve this goal you can look forward to another perhaps.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Ranger Bill wrote:Congratulations for being accepted to medical school. Give serious consideration to serving as an Army surgeon.
X2
Hmm, a future medical doctor who'll be celebrating recieving his MD by applying for that captain's direct commision and his jump school slot...
:)

Make sure you wear a 60 pound rucksack while you pull your 36 hour shifts during your internship so that Ranger School will seem like just another day. :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Any reason why it might hurt while I pee ? :)

Good luck on your endeavors and for winning-

Most grammatically correct post on ArmyRanger.com- come on down !!

And check out these prizes- a lap dance on Victory Drive, a 1976 AMC Matador and one dose of throat clap from a Rangerette in Savannah. :shock: :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The Mosh Pit”