What type of leader are you?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

JOHN PAUL JONES

Biography:
Born John Paul, he added the name of Jones when he killed the leader of a mutinous crew in 1772. Jones was apprenticed at the age of 12 to a Scottish merchant sailor, and later worked on a slave ship. After the killing incident, Jones came to the colonies and joined the navy when war broke out with Britain. He performed admirably, seizing valuable supplies from British merchant ships. His most famous battle was in 1779, when Jones engaged the British frigate Serapis off Flamborough Head, Yorkshire. The Serapis was a superior ship, more nimble and with more firepower than Jones' Bonhomme Richard. A ferocious gun battle took place. When the enemy called for surrender, Jones answered with the immortal words, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Leadership Attributes:
During the American revolution, Jones' mission by its very nature required initiative and working without plan. He sailed in a small group in the Atlantic looking for British merchant ships. A natural adventurer, he preferred to be where the action was. Personally, Jones was outgoing and brave in battle.

Certainly an unexpected result
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

William Tecumseh Sherman
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Damn...is it just me or was Patton weird? :? Which would mean Im....never mind.......Im good.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Abell9 wrote:Damn...is it just me or was Patton weird? :? Which would mean Im....never mind.......Im good.
Nah, just "misunderstood"... :wink:
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

j.rico wrote:
Abell9 wrote:Damn...is it just me or was Patton weird? :? Which would mean Im....never mind.......Im good.
Nah, just "misunderstood"... :wink:
It's all about how you look at it. :D
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Based on your answers, your profile matches...

Napoleon Bonaparte!

Biography:
Napoleon Bonaparte was one of the greatest military geniuses of all time and a colossal political figure. Born in Corsica, he attended French military schools at Brienne and Paris. In his first famous campaign, he was given command of France’s army in Italy, and quickly defeated Sardinia and Austria. This was the beginning of his legend. He captured Malta from the British, defeated the Turks in Egypt, and defeated the Austrians at Marengo. He was named military dictator of France in 1799. After a string of further victories, he was finally defeated in Russia — by the Russian winter, which decimated his troops. He continued to have victories, but he was routed at Leipzig, and France was invaded. Forced to abdicate, he returned to battle later but was finally defeated at Waterloo by a combined British and Prussian force.

Leadership Attributes:
Napoleon was a brilliant planner. In fact, he set up an entirely new system for raising and training an army that revolutionized the field. He was not only a great general but a skillful diplomat, able to consolidate and extend power through treaties and political manipulation as well as on the battlefield. After defeating Sardinia and Austria in Italy, he made several gains through the use of treaties. He set up a friendly republican regime in Lombardy, a tactic he used on other occasions.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Patton. A good choice, althouogh Sherman wouldn't of disappointed me.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

DixieRat wrote:Patton. A good choice, althouogh Sherman wouldn't of disappointed me.
Finally....another kindred spirit 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Well if you call getting dressed up by your mom as a little girl normal then I guess he wasn’t weird. Having to live your life trying to overcome that trauma could do two things to ya, make you a fag or make you a tough sumbitch. Sort of like the man named Sue.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Horned Toad wrote:
Well if you call getting dressed up by your mom as a little girl normal then I guess he wasn’t weird. Having to live your life trying to overcome that trauma could do two things to ya, make you a fag or make you a tough sumbitch. Sort of like the man named Sue.
:shock:
So, hypothetically speaking of course, if a Mother was a weird bitch and did real strange shit to you like make you walk naked around the farm with an umbrella, hooked battary cables to your nut sack, and beat you with a riding crop all the while calling you Andrea...it makes you some.....tainted. Just hypothetically say.

(hummmmm) guess there are some things I should reflect on.....)
RS Class # 7-76

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Fuck ya'll.

General George Patton
My apologies for not being able to post a link on here, this particular work PC is all fucked up, BUT, has anyone seen the NEW Patton video yet on YOUTUBE?

It's fucking great, the old Patton speech, but changed around for the GWOT, video games, lazyness, etc., it's fucking hilarious.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

General George Patton
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

This is kinda wierd....I personnaly thought he got a bad rap for his performance in RVN. I think things would have gone entirely different if he hadn't had so many politicians tying his hands.
Based on your answers, your profile matches...

William C. Westmoreland!

Portrait: George Washington
National Archives

Biography:
Born on March 26, 1914 into a wealthy family of textile manufacturers, William Westmoreland led a life of leadership. He graduated from West Point with many awards, including the Pershing Award for leadership. He commanded artillery units in North Africa and Sicily in World War II. During the Korean War, Westmoreland commanded an airborne brigade, and later he commanded the 101st Airborne Division. He later became the youngest major general and the second youngest superintendent (after MacArthur) of West Point. Westmoreland is best known for commanding the war effort in Vietnam.

Leadership Attributes:
General Westmoreland was generally a careful strategist. In Vietnam, he followed a conservative strategy, advocating a war of attrition against the Viet Cong. Westmoreland normally allowed no operations by units smaller than the battalion, and he insisted on strong artillery support. Westmoreland was more a warrior than diplomat. He found it difficult to tread the fine line of public ambivalence to the Vietnam War. Personally, Westmoreland was brave in battle. During World War II, he often scouted ahead of the guns; while doing so in Sicily, his jeep was hit but he escaped injury.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Ulysses S Grant! motherfuckas :lol:

Biography:
Unsuccessful in civilian life, Ulysses S Grant was made for the battlefield. Grant was the military leader who defeated the Confederates and their innovative generals. After the war, he was elected President and oversaw Reconstruction in the South. He died of throat cancer — the result of a lifelong habit of cigar smoking — but completed his memoirs before his death in 1885.

Leadership Attributes:
Personally reserved, Grant was tenacious in battle. Once he set a course, he wanted to see it to its end, as in the siege of Vicksburg. He was one to seize the initiative as well. After several failed attempts to get to Vicksburg, Grant moved his army south to cross the Mississippi — during this time he was cut off from all communication and most supplies. The taking of the city on July 4, 1863, was a turning point in the war. Ulysses S Grant's nickname was "unconditional surrender" — and he trusted fighting more than diplomacy. But when opposing forces did surrender, he was usually magnanimous in their treatment.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”