Ergogenic aids (supplements)

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Cliv03 wrote:Next thing you're gonna say is that my steroids don't work....I mean....uhhhh :shock: :shock: ?? My bad, disregard what you just read.
Actually i was debating on putting that under the does work section because I didnt want the young studs on here to use them.

As a performance enhancing drug, there is nothing that works faster than anabolic steroids. With the increased results comes the increased side effects.
And why I didnt want to put them on here is because the side effects out last the intended effects of a body builder.

hey you guys believe what you want, I know ignorance is bliss (because before i went to school to study exercise science I got my knowledge the same place you guys did... mags, word of mouth, internet searches) , just dont go buying the most expensive protein is what i am getting at.....beacause they all have the same effect....VERY LITTLE TO NO EFFECTS AT ALL
Last edited by bmf175 on July 2nd, 2007, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

bmf175 wrote:
Cliv03 wrote:Next thing you're gonna say is that my steroids don't work....I mean....uhhhh :shock: :shock: ?? My bad, disregard what you just read.
Actually i was debating on putting that under the does work section because I didnt want the young studs on here to use them.

As a performance enhancing drug, there is nothing that works faster than anabolic steroids. With the increased results comes the increased side effects.
And why I didnt want to put them on here is because the side effects out last the intended effects of a body builder.

hey you guys believe what you want, I know ignorance is bliss (because before i went to school to study exercise science I got my knowledge the same place you guys did... mags, word of mouth, internet searches) , just dont go buying the most expensive protein is what i am getting at.....beacause they all have the same effect....VERY LITTLE TO NO EFFECTS AT ALL
Hey, Brother, I'm glad you're passing on the latest studies. You have to admit though, the results are 360 degrees from what we've all been taught. I think you have to expect doubt and questions.

I know that I have been reluctant to purchase any of the new GNC type products. At my age, I'm not sure that any of them are healthy. I try to eat right, exercise a lot, and take a few vitamins. Much of what I take is to counter a slightly high BP and cholesterol, not to enhance my performance.

Thanks for the info.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

No problem, I expected some nay sayers, Like I said I was one myself once I first learned this stuff.

My feelings arent hurt either way, if people dont want to believe what independent studies have to say then thats their business. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

I just wanted to get what I have learned out there so the younger studs that are going into regiment/army will be well informed. Hopefully I can save them some money as well as help them exercise the right way. i would not put it out there if I thought it was bad info.

So take it or leave it this info is legit. RLTW!!!
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Cliv03 wrote:I was just fucking around....cheating's not the answer, kids. No use in looking big for a couple years, then pulling a Benoit, or shrinking the balls and shrivling the liver and kidneys.
Dang! :(
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

bmf175 wrote: The belief is if you take in more protein which in turn should speed up your recovery and in turn, again, enhance your performance abilities.
I agree. The key is recovery. A solid diet should be sufficient. So, drink more coffee and eat more creatures and you should be good to go.

Also, from my experiences as a lab geek, for just about every study published there is or will be a handful proving the opposite, and most educational research (unless it's small in scale) is funded from an outside source. On the flip-side, even valid studies that call large scale consumer products into question tend to get squashed.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Scoty wrote:
bmf175 wrote: The belief is if you take in more protein which in turn should speed up your recovery and in turn, again, enhance your performance abilities.
I agree. The key is recovery. A solid diet should be sufficient. So, drink more coffee and eat more creatures and you should be good to go.

Also, from my experiences as a lab geek, for just about every study published there is or will be a handful proving the opposite, and most educational research (unless it's small in scale) is funded from an outside source. On the flip-side, even valid studies that call large scale consumer products into question tend to get squashed.
When it comes down to it... trust an educational facility for unbiased facts over companies that compete to sell products.
Its true every research facility needs somebody to provide funds, but this is where the name and reputation of the facility come into play. Are you going to believe something that comes out of Harvard or MuscleTech? Stanford or FSU? USC or GNC?
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Zero

Post by Steadfast »

Zero, until you are either a Soldier or a Ranger you will refrain from dispensing advice on this site. You are a guest of the Rangers that reside on this board. This area you are in does not pertain to you. You are here to learn, not post. Do not repond to me nor enter this topic unless you are directed by another Ranger.

I think this is a good time for you to re-read all FAQ's on this site including in the intro area.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About Army Physical Training”