Fun Times at RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
deleon275
Ranger

Fun Times at RIP

Post by deleon275 »

Just reading some of the posts here and I was reminded of the funniest thing that happened when I went through RIP. We were out in the field for 3 days and a few hours after we arrived their the cadre told us to close our eyes. One cadre began to talk about how if you become a Ranger you're gonna face having to kill armed children and women. While still having our eyes closed he said "ok, if you want to quit now men, nows your chance". Seconds later the cadre said "oh!!! we got one right there... and another! Who else wants to join? Just say 'me sgt' and we'll end this now". Sure enough someone said it and when we opened our eyes there was no one up there, it was all made up.

Lesson of the story is, RIP is one big mental challenge. The only physical part is the PT test, all the rest is determined by your mental strength and capacity (yes, there is a written test). So dont let the mind games get to you and remember RIP is just the beginning. :twisted:
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''

Return to “About RASP”