Bushmaster .308 Win

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Bushmaster .308 Win

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Here is what I want:
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weap ... 0816ak.asp

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of an AR 10 type rifle ? I like the fact that it takes FAL mags which are cheap and easy to get. The $$$ is a different story. :(
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I have a buddy that has the Armalite version of the same weapon. I have only fired about ten rounds through it. From what I saw, I like the weapon. Recoil was very slight, but beyond that I can't really comment.

His was set up all fucked up, with great big tall (unstable) bipods, and a huge fucking BSA optic with shitty eye relief that made it almost impossible to get a solid sight picture. You don't need a 24x optic for a 7.62mm.

I am interesting in this type weapon as well, but I want to see what kind of accuracy this thing delivers before I drop the greenbacks.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

The fact that it takes the FAL mags is a plus, I would like to see a magazine do a comparison between a good FAL, M-14, and something like this bushmaster, I am really wanting a good 308 carbine for out here but the cost has made me wait.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Weapons of War”