Fellow Bros who are in the Guard

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
KKovac B Co. 2/75
Ranger

Post by KKovac B Co. 2/75 »

Im thinking about it, I've been talking to eyes-we'll see what's up.
B Co. 2/75 (88-92)
Ranger School Class 10-90
Operation Just Cause 12/20/89
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

KKovac B Co. 2/75 wrote:Im thinking about it, I've been talking to eyes-we'll see what's up.
If I can Help, Just ask.Do you have any old 107's (Jungles) you could put them to use again if you want.
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
KKovac B Co. 2/75
Ranger

Post by KKovac B Co. 2/75 »

I don't have anything wish I still did. Thanks for the help.
B Co. 2/75 (88-92)
Ranger School Class 10-90
Operation Just Cause 12/20/89
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

EAT III wrote:Kovak.yes they can put you on stop loss,but youve got to be on MOB status.Rember our Phone call last summer? well anyway I'm in the Same unit that Eyes is in,I did the State transfer,painless.Its a Great Unit,and your on Jump Status.

Bravo 57,do you know a Guy called Chief,He was with you 3/75 Guys During your Time Frame.
Chief!!!!!!!

Fuck yeah. Good kid. If you know him and they way he spells his last name, you understand why we called him Chief. :lol: :lol:

Is he up there in the NW suburbs with you?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

Bravo57 wrote:
EAT III wrote:Kovak.yes they can put you on stop loss,but you've got to be on MOB status.Remember our Phone call last summer? well anyway I'm in the Same unit that Eyes is in,I did the State transfer,painless.Its a Great Unit,and your on Jump Status.

Bravo 57,do you know a Guy called Chief,He was with you 3/75 Guys During your Time Frame.
Chief!!!!!!!

Fuck yeah. Good kid. If you know him and they way he spells his last name, you understand why we called him Chief. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the late reply,for I was In Colorado Snowmobiling.Name starts with a P.He is in the 151 with me,good guy
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
Lost_Jock
Tadpole

Post by Lost_Jock »

I probably shouldn't post here, since I'm neither a Ranger, or a member of the US National Guard, but after reading this thread I just had to post.

I have experienced the same kind of problems mentioned here, in my unit of the Danish NG (Hjemmeværnet). I had (probably naively) assumed that it was just my unit, but it seems that laziness, bad turn out, and poor training are universal.

Pretty depressing, huh?

L_J
And when I had opened the fourth beer, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her that sat on him was the wife, and Hell followed with her......
Eyes

Post by Eyes »

Last edited by Eyes on October 12th, 2007, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes

Post by Eyes »

Last edited by Eyes on October 12th, 2007, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Eyes wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:
EAT III wrote:Kovak.yes they can put you on stop loss,but youve got to be on MOB status.Rember our Phone call last summer? well anyway I'm in the Same unit that Eyes is in,I did the State transfer,painless.Its a Great Unit,and your on Jump Status.

Chief!!!!!!!

Chief told me to tell you to quit being a pussy and sign up and start "get'n it dun" again... :lol:

PM or call me, he wants to hook up with you via phone or e-mail...

BA

Tell that cherry motherfucker ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PM inbound
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Clownpuncher
Ranger

Post by Clownpuncher »

Clownpuncher wrote:My experience with the guard:

I decided to do the "try one" program after I got out of Regt. I reclassed as a 91W from 11B (I'm trying to get into medical school). After a year of volunteering to cut grass on the weekends, because I could not stand the boredom we were activated to support Operation Enduring Freedom. This was after our two-week annual training that consisted of only SRP. Finally something to do! I find out our mission is to guard an air force base in San Antonio, TX (after SRPing again for two weeks). So I am in Fort Hood prepping for the mission and our senior leadership decides it is time to march us to chow while singing cadence every morning because "that is how the active army does it (their only experience of active duty was basic/AIT)." My CO and 1SG could not pass a PT test so they decided to test each other and somehow magically passed. For promotions you must change your MOS multiple time becoming a Jack ass of all trades. FAT People all around me were promoted unconditionally. Meanwhile I finally get sent to 91W school and they wanted me to reenlist for it like it was fuckin scuba or HALO school.

....Waved traffic in at an air force base and laughed as officers would bitch about why traffic was so slow and their bitching about not saluting a stupid blue sticker because they don't know that when the sun is in your eyes you cant' tell blue from red from yellow...Motherfuckers! Alright this is pissing me off....In short my guard experience SUCKED! My unit sucked and if we were sent overseas I could only envision me combat rolling out of 5-ton while they get captured (like the scene from Stripes).
I forgot to mention that after recovering from an open-book pelvic fracture and bladder rupture from a parachuting accident in Regiment, I was one out of 3 (out of my entire unit!) who could max a PT test in the Guard. :roll: I volunteered for the AF's version of SWAT known as EST so that I could get a little bit of range time, but they weren't even allowed to use simunitions due to safety concerns (but that's a different story)!

In my opinion if you are former 75th, and absolutely want to go Guard, maybe try an SF or LRS Guard unit.
Clownpuncher, M.D.
Ranger Class 01-00
3/75 RGR RGT '98-'02
UT-Austin Alum
USUHS Alum

"Utinam populus Romanus unam cervicem haberet! [If only the Roman people had one neck!]" --Caligula
Ranger snaplink
Ranger

Post by Ranger snaplink »

I'm in the 19SFG and can't complain. Most of the guys are cool, even though they're not Batt boys :D
When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun-The Clash

1/75 Aco 2-1 '00-'02
HHC '02-'03
OEF I
OIF I
5/19 SFG
The Beav
Ranger

Post by The Beav »

This is my thinking. Fuck OCS ask for the next unit getting deployed and join. Now is a great time for Rangers to see if they can "past the test".
Dont waste time in any fucking school. Get your ass overthere NOW and go to school later, you can take that year and1/2 and do it AFTER wards.

This is funny, when I decided to into the Guard, the fucking lieing recruiter, told me that CA SF guys dont do much and if I joined a Infrantry unit, there was a chance I could get stuck stateside guarding an Active Duty post somewere.
He talked me into an 88M MOS (YES TRUCK DRIVER, FUCK YOU) He told me that there was an 100% chance of being deployed and I took it.
It worked out, We had over 3 million miles in Iraq, saw the hole fucking country and got blowen up, shot at countless times (50-75 Co count) My truck was only hit 3 time.
Plus I got to do Guntruck Missions.

What ever you do I wish you the best and may you always see the enemy first and always come up center mass!!!
(The Beav) 84-87
Born n Raised 1/75th Bco, 1st Plt, 1st Sqd, A&B
Class 13-85 "Dont get no better"
1498th Combat HET---Iraq 03-04

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”