Liddell vs Jackson

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Nomad
Ranger

Liddell vs Jackson

Post by Nomad »

Should be a good one. I think the funniest quote Rampage used is:

"I'm gonna whoop Chuck's ass on this one". :lol:

Rampage is just one of those guys. I'd be surprised if Chuck cleans him out. Either way, I don't see that fight ending in anything other than a KO.

What do you guys think?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I'm hoping that the Iceman wins. You're right...it should be one helluva fight.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: Liddell vs Jackson

Post by Charlie 51 »

Matador275 wrote:Should be a good one. I think the funniest quote Rampage used is:

"I'm gonna whoop Chuck's ass on this one". :lol:

Rampage is just one of those guys. I'd be surprised if Chuck cleans him out. Either way, I don't see that fight ending in anything other than a KO.

What do you guys think?
Depends on if we get "Fat Chuck" or "Fit Chuck". Rampage pounded his ass blow for blow in '03. Chuck is a mutant version of Chuck Norris though (Little known fack, all mutations of Chuck Norris are required to still use the first name Chuck) so my money is on him. With all the crazy shit happening in the UFC lately, anything is possible.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

My money is on Liddell.
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Some people are saying that the ref stopped the fight too soon, but Chuck was clearly out when he went down and he recieved a couple of punches to the head while he was down while his arms were at his sides completely defenseless. I think it was a good call. Chuck did get "his ass whipped"
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Nope it didn't look rigged to me either, Chuck was their best and most popular fighter. Jackson will never bring in the dollars that Chuck did, but I didn't realize he was 37 years old either, so he didn't have much longer to fight competitively anyway. But I have to admit that I was disappointed that the fight ended as quickly as it did.

I don't expect Jackson to hold the crown as long as Liddell did though, Jackson is a strong standup fighter obviously but I wonder if his wrestling skills are up to par. Time will tell as it always does.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Go clubbing, get clobbered in UFC

Chuck Liddell's busy week of club-hopping leading up to his Ultimate Fighting Championship title fight is raising eyebrows.
Liddell's 3 1/2-year reign as the UFC's light-heavyweight champion ended with a first-round knockout Saturday at the hands of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at the MGM Grand Garden.

There were multiple sightings of Liddell at Body English nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel, starting on the Sunday before the fight. He was at Jet nightclub at The Mirage on Monday and back at Body English on Wednesday, as seen in a photo posted on spyonvegas.com.
His fight-week nightcrawling raises questions about how serious the UFC's biggest star took his training.

Sounds to me like Liddell screwed the pooch. :roll:
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Chuck has always done that sort of thing while in training, he just got caught this time. BTW Jackson is an excellent wrestler and does have some submission skills as well, I've seen quite a few of his Pride fights.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:Heard it looked rigged........................ :x
Now I've heard it didn't! 8)
looked like a hard right and chuck getting KTFO
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I missed it, where is the best place to view it?

Return to “Close Combat”