Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Justin_SoCal
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Justin_SoCal »

Dear Rangers,

My name is Justin and I am 25 years old. I currently live in orange county California, and love it here. I'm a Senior at Cal State Fullerton, majoring in business administration (Entrepreneurship is my concentration). Although I'm almost done with school, I want to serve my country, and finish school later. I'm in the process of putting in a warrant officer packet to fly birds in the Army (AH-64 preferably). If I fail my flight physical (I doubt it, but you never know), or don't get accepted, then I want to become a Ranger medic. I posted about this here if you have any information about that process:

viewtopic.php?t=34508

I've very excited about finally joining the military, it has been in my blood since birth. My father was Army airborne (101st I believe, but he passed away when I was 16 so I'm not completely certain) , and my brother is currently in the Navy. I love military tactics, TV shows, and books. I try and study something in depth before I make a decision, and I'm trying to put in my due diligence for becoming a Ranger in case my WO packet is not accepted.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community,

Justin_SoCal
Thank you for serving our country
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Well, we're all so glad that your Fall back plan is to become an Army Ranger. Cause you know its like easy and stuff, you should have no problem cause its almost like a guarantee if your WO packet is denied. I'm sure everyone here is eager to help someone like you that is so competent as to think that being an Army Ranger is plan "B".

Good luck Toolbox :evil:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. You are a senior in college. You are so close. Finish school, then join the Army.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Ok. So you are a senior in college and want to quit? And you are 25? My math is not that great, but by my calculations it has taken you seven years of college and still not graduated? Or did you 'float' around for several years before college unsure of yourself?

My advice? Stick it out. Get that degree. THEN join the Army as a Ranger. Prove you can finish what you started. Nobody likes a quitter.

OBTW, welcome to the site and thanks for wanting to serve our country, I just think you should wait.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

Plenty of Rangers have pulled a tour or two in the Regt then put in a flight packet, we have a few here on ArmyRanger.com.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
pellett2007
Tadpole

Post by pellett2007 »

Welcome, PM inbound.
Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak
When you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up
But you gotta search within you, find that inner strength

Mentee to Ranger Bill.
Basic: 12 September 2008, Fort Benning.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

What's up Justin?

OC born and bred, then transplanted to the 909.

I respect your itching to get out and get going with a military career. How many more months of school?

As far as WO or Ranger... Do what your heart wants and never look back.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

All right, Justin, it's time to focus. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You're marginal at best. Sadly, your inability to focus is going to hurt you as you move through life. There is only one person who can make you a success -- and that's you. First, you need to decide what you want to do. I know that at your age you may feel that the options are endless, but you are already three years older than most college graduates. Yeah, I know there are reasons -- but the point is you are already behind your contemporaries. There is no requirement to have an undergraduate degree to become an Army pilot or an Army Ranger. But I can assure you that you will find a number of members of the 75th Ranger Regiment already have a degree. Initially, I'd say get your degree now, but it isn't required. If you really want to earn a place in the Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. The members of armyranger.com have assisted a goodly number of young men, such as yourself, to prepare for service in the Ranger Regiment. By the way, a number of Rangers successfully made the transition to flight school. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. The search feature will enable you to learn the answers to most of the questions you might have. Your brush with the law can be waived. It will not eliminate you. Just ensure you stay clean. I see that the DEPs have already contacted you -- that's a good start. Now for your next task: give yourself a PT test to help us evaluate your physical readiness. The events are how many push-ups, sit-ups and chin-ups can you do in two minutes and how fast can you run two miles? Please complete it by midnight tomorrow and post your reults here. Welcome to the rest of your life.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

so how much stronger do you think your Warrant packet would look with a BA vs. 100-ish credit hours?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

AbnRgr289 wrote:Plenty of Rangers have pulled a tour or two in the Regt then put in a flight packet, we have a few here on ArmyRanger.com.
KW Driver wrote:so how much stronger do you think your Warrant packet would look with a BA vs. 100-ish credit hours?
The KW in "KW Driver" just means he drives a "Big Truck", not a Kiowa(OH58) or anything like that. :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

int

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

I would finish school also. I not sure why you would want to stop when you can see the Ranger Eyes at the end of the tunnel.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

Dear Justin,

Don't be a fucking quitter.

That is all.

Return to “Introduction Archive”