Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

gp813 wrote:Ranger Jim, The reason I want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment is to know that I can be one of the best of the best. I want to prove not only to myself but to my family that I can achieve and become something much bigger then where I am now. I also want to honor my grandfather's wishes and become a soldier to honor my family and his efforts in fighting the Japanese in the Philippines during WWII.
To be able to serve in such a unit as the 75th Ranger Regiment is one of high honor and distinction, both of which I highly prize and desire. As in my civilian life, I need to know that the people I serve with are capable, ready and willing to do what it takes to get the job done, without question, whatever it may be, and that I can rely on them in case of need. With that said, I must also be able to meet and exceed those same standards for myself. Those standards will not only help me in being a better soldier, but will help me be a better person overall. I believe the 75th Ranger Regiment contains the characteristics I seek and more.
OK, a little wordy, and super-idealistic, but it will do. My intention is just to have you think about what you are doing. Several months from now, you need to reconsider your words. You get a go at theis station. Continue to push your running.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
gp813
Embryo

Post by gp813 »

Ranger Jim, I know the reasons why I want to become a Ranger. But what are the reasons why I SHOULDN'T become a Ranger?

Upon my use of the ever popular "search" function on the site, I found two worthwhile articles, "Not sure which forum to place this" and "The Talk". The information has been mainly about reasons why I should join.

My parents have told me that they will support me in whatever I choose to do. I have brought up the Army before and of course I heard the usual reasons why I shouldn't join. Aside from the obvious reasons: obvious potential dangers, not having time for a family, I cannot seem to think of anything else.

Like you said Ranger Jim, I have to think about what I am doing. With the increased training and preparation, I feel that I am more then ever willing to be a Ranger. I would just like an opportunity to see the other side of the coin from the mouthes of experienced Rangers.
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

gp813 wrote: Push ups: 35
Sit ups: 58
Two minute mile time: 16:29
Chin ups: 10
Pull ups: 8

48 pushups
2mile time of 14:38
Wow! I wish I could increase my run time by 1:91 overnight. It is amazing what they are feeding these kids today :?
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Capellanus wrote:
gp813 wrote: Push ups: 35
Sit ups: 58
Two minute mile time: 16:29
Chin ups: 10
Pull ups: 8

48 pushups
2mile time of 14:38
Wow! I wish I could increase my run time by 1:91 overnight. It is amazing what they are feeding these kids today :?
I think it was a 1:51 increase. Im sure it was just a typo. :wink: I see what you're saying though.
Obviously, He has a Divinity degree, not one in Math. I think we have all had variations of nearly two minutes when running two miles.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”