Can't break the 50 range.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Deus Ex Machina.
Rest In Peace Ranger

Can't break the 50 range.

Post by Deus Ex Machina. »

Rangers, Deps, Newts

I have a serious pushup dilemma, I can't seem to break the above mentioned amount of pushups no matter what I do.

I've tried changing hand positions, knocking out 50, then resting, and then knocking out 25 soon followed by 15, and down onward, and yet I still can't seem to break that dreaded number.

Any advice?
Aco, 1/75.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

ADVICE: SPEND MORE TIME DOING PUSHUPS THAN COMING HERE TO WASTE OUR FUCKING TIME ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO DO MORE PUSHUPS. ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDIN ME!?! :roll:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Deus Ex Machina, there is no hidden secret to doing pushups. The only way to get better is to do them and do them correctly. If you go to the gym do exercises to strengthen your shoulders, triceps, chest and back. You can also do pushups with you feet elevated above your head. This will isolate different muscles. Use the Search button. There is already plenty of topics regarding pushups.

Good luck and keep pushing,

Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

2 clicks of the mouse.....

Working Towards 100+ Pushups Written by Robert C. Shouse and reprinted from misc.fitness.weights. Through multi-staged training with different types of pushups, one should be able to increase the number of pushups you can do significantly.

DISCLAIMER: Below are the things I have practiced and the results I've achieved. The same results/effects will not necessarily be achieved by anyone practicing the same way. No physical responsibility is assumed for anyone attempting this routine.

From past experience with martial arts one way to increase the amount of push-ups you can do is by doing partials while alternating with different types of push-ups. This routine assumes that you are able to do 30 complete push-ups with out resting. By partials I mean restricting the range of motion to just under 1/2 of a complete rep. Always touch the floor with your chest (when possible) and come up almost half-way then back down. A sample routine would look like this:

Week 1 & 2: Every other day
POSITION #1
Triangle push-ups (you should touch your thumbs to your xiphoid process (lightly!) when trying to touch your chest to the ground)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #2
Move hands to shoulder length apart (the tips of your fingers should be aligned with the tops of your sholders)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #3
Move your hands out until, during mid rep, your upper arms will be perpendicular to your forearms. The hands should remain in the same position relative to the shoulders (ie move them "out" in a straight line)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
Week 3: 2 days on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
Week 4 & 5: 1 on, 2 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 1 off
POSITION #1
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
rest 120 seconds
POSITION #2
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
rest 120 seconds
POSITION #3
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
Week 6: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
Until failure
Week 7 & 8: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 2 on; 1 off, 1 on; 1 off
POSITION #1
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #3
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
Week 9: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #3
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
Week 10: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on
POSITION #2
100 complete
Maintenance: Twice a week
POSITION #2
100 complete
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

RTO wrote:2 clicks of the mouse.....

Working Towards 100+ Pushups Written by Robert C. Shouse and reprinted from misc.fitness.weights. Through multi-staged training with different types of pushups, one should be able to increase the number of pushups you can do significantly.

DISCLAIMER: Below are the things I have practiced and the results I've achieved. The same results/effects will not necessarily be achieved by anyone practicing the same way. No physical responsibility is assumed for anyone attempting this routine.

From past experience with martial arts one way to increase the amount of push-ups you can do is by doing partials while alternating with different types of push-ups. This routine assumes that you are able to do 30 complete push-ups with out resting. By partials I mean restricting the range of motion to just under 1/2 of a complete rep. Always touch the floor with your chest (when possible) and come up almost half-way then back down. A sample routine would look like this:

POSITION #1
Triangle push-ups (you should touch your thumbs to your xiphoid process (lightly!) when trying to touch your chest to the ground)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #2
Move hands to shoulder length apart (the tips of your fingers should be aligned with the tops of your sholders)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #3
Move your hands out until, during mid rep, your upper arms will be perpendicular to your forearms. The hands should remain in the same position relative to the shoulders (ie move them "out" in a straight line)
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
Week 3: 2 days on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
Week 4 & 5: 1 on, 2 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 2 off; 1 on, 1 off
POSITION #1
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
rest 120 seconds
POSITION #2
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
rest 120 seconds
POSITION #3
7 partials
7 complete
12 partials
12 complete
Week 6: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
Until failure
Week 7 & 8: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 2 on; 1 off, 1 on; 1 off
POSITION #1
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #3
15 partials
15 complete
rest 90 seconds
40 complete
rest 240 seconds
Week 9: 2 on, 1 off; 2 on, 1 off; 1 on
POSITION #1
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #2
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
POSITION #3
Until failure
rest 240 seconds
Week 10: 1 off, 1 on; 2 off, 1 on; 1 off, 1 on
POSITION #2
100 complete
Maintenance: Twice a week
POSITION #2
100 complete
Dude. fuck you!!!!
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Here's a tip since the Pepsi generation mainly just sits on it's ass in front of a TV. Every time a comerical break comes on, knock out 25. Do this for about an hour every other night. check you progress after two weeks and report back to me.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Oto-Man
Ranger

Re: Can't break the 50 range.

Post by Oto-Man »

Deus Ex Machina. wrote:Rangers, Deps, Newts

I have a serious pushup dilemma, I can't seem to break the above mentioned amount of pushups no matter what I do.

I've tried changing hand positions, knocking out 50, then resting, and then knocking out 25 soon followed by 15, and down onward, and yet I still can't seem to break that dreaded number.

Any advice?
Yes...

Elevate your fookin' feet and do Push Ups!!!! quit typing and start pushin. I bet you can type 110 WPM?!?

Make your mom stand over you and say "keep your back straight asshole, all the way up....all the way down....don't cheat your body you loser!!"
If that doesn't work, have dad join in by kicking you in the gut while you do push ups with your feet elevated on the stove.

just food for thought, stud marshmallow....

Hey Bugsy,
I bet if we put a hot, wet, furry one under this superhero, he'd do more dan fity?????
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RTO wrote:2 clicks of the mouse.....

POSITION #1
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #2
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
7 complete
rest 90 seconds
POSITION #3
5 partials
5 complete
7 partials
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Or you could look at the top of the page

viewtopic.php?t=19586
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote: Or you could look at the top of the page

viewtopic.php?t=19586

whooooops! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Parabellum wrote:
Dude. fuck you!!!!

uuuuuuumn.......dude, maybe you shouldn't post after you've been drinking.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”