Intro-Civilian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Ranger Invictus,
I am located in Brackettville, TX...about 120 miles west of San Antonio.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Rett wrote:Ranger Invictus,
I am located in Brackettville, TX...about 120 miles west of San Antonio.
Ah yes, I just finished watching a John Wayne movie, "The Searchers". I'd like to get down there and see the set of the Alamo sometime.
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Went to my recruiter the other day, and he gave me the standard bullshit about what I wanted. Saying they are reserving OPT40 contracts for high school seniors, and he also said he couldn't get me airborne because they are starting to do it a different way? (Whatever the fuck that means). And I took the advice from some of the stickies and just WALKED THE FUCK OUT. Sure enough he calls me around 8 PM saying he could see what he could do, so now I'm going back this Wednesday with my medical paperwork on my knee, and hopefully we can make a compromise.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rett wrote: so now I'm going back this Wednesday with my medical paperwork on my knee, and hopefully we can make a compromise.
Compromise, my ass, you want to get yourself an option 40. They can get it for you or you can find another recruiter.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Jim wrote:
Rett wrote: so now I'm going back this Wednesday with my medical paperwork on my knee, and hopefully we can make a compromise.
Compromise, my ass, you want to get yourself an option 40. They can get it for you or you can find another recruiter.
Excactly, if the recruiter is dicking you around, there are plenty more of them out there, and one of them will be willing to help you. If you settle for anything other than what you really want, you will be kicking yourself in the ass for the rest of your life.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

Don't sign a damn piece of paper unless you discuss it here first. There's guys here that can tell if your getting bull-shitted. Your nothing but a number to that recruiter. Get what you want in writing or walk away.
Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Went to my recruiter the other day, got my scores, and should be going to MEPS within a couple of weeks. But I did not qualify for an Option 40. If I read correctly on one of the stickies you must score at least a GT of 110, which I scored a 102.

The question I would like to ask is as follows:

Can I still get the chance of becoming a Ranger if I get 11X/ABN in my contract, that being if I pass OSUT and Airborne?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Rett wrote:Went to my recruiter the other day, got my scores, and should be going to MEPS within a couple of weeks. But I did not qualify for an Option 40. If I read correctly on one of the stickies you must score at least a GT of 110, which I scored a 102.

Can I still get the chance of becoming a Ranger if I get 11X/ABN in my contract, that being if I pass OSUT and Airborne?
Re-take the test dummy!!

And what the fuck is this IF shit?!!? There is no IF!! There is only DO!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Ranger Luna,

I do want to retake the test, but I also feel the need to enlist already, and with the option of 11X and Airborne, from what I've read, I could get it offered to me after airborne school. And for the IF shit - absolutely correct, there is no IF, only DO - taken to heart.
Rabidus1
Embryo

Post by Rabidus1 »

Rett wrote:Went to my recruiter the other day, got my scores, and should be going to MEPS within a couple of weeks. But I did not qualify for an Option 40. If I read correctly on one of the stickies you must score at least a GT of 110, which I scored a 102.

Rett,
I do not wish to argue with any stickies you read, unless you misread them, but when I enlisted in 20030812, I got option40 in my contract and scored a 54 on the asvab and GT:103.
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Rabidus1 wrote:

Rett,
I do not wish to argue with any stickies you read, unless you misread them, but when I enlisted in 20030812, I got option40 in my contract and scored a 54 on the asvab and GT:103.
It happens. Line scores are waiverable.

The point is he can get, and should not quit until he gets, the contract HE wants.

Are you in 3ID now or something?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

I am not trying to argue with you either, but YOU must have NOT read the stickies.

Statement as follows:

3) Must score a minimum of 50 of the asvab with a GT score of 110. THE HIGHER THE BETTER. the GT score may be waived by 2 points (108). the ASVAB score may not. STUDY.
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Unless that is not the case anymore, but thank you for clearing that up for me Rabidus...

Return to “Introduction Archive”