Remington 700VS W/ some buddies (Moved)

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Remington 700VS W/ some buddies (Moved)

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Thaught I'd show off a few of my shooters.

Remington 700VS
Picked the rifle up for $525 used. Previous owner said he had only fired the weapon once for functionality. The glass is a Mueller Tac II. Bought it for $300. The best group I've gotten was 1/2 inch at 100yds from the prone position. The rifle is capable of much better but I'm just learning the way of a bolt action and have much to improve. I originally picked this up because of my aspirations to become a Ranger Sniper.

Remington 870 Tactical
Got this for $480 new. I just installed a single point harness and it works wonderfully. One of my favorites.

And the newest additions-Taurus PT1911
Must say I'm loving this more and more. It's now my daily carry. I bought a Chip McCormick magazine, Ergo grips, and a BlackHawk CQC SERPA holster. O yeah, Im a lefty. Enjoy!

Respectfully,
SAVAGE
Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I have been thinking about picking up one of those PT-1911's myself. I have not been able to get my paws on one, to look at the build quality and such, but I have owned a few Taurus auto loaders in my day. In fact, the very first pistol I ever bought was a Taurus PT-99 and I still have it.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

GSXRanger wrote:I have been thinking about picking up one of those PT-1911's myself. I have not been able to get my paws on one, to look at the build quality and such, but I have owned a few Taurus auto loaders in my day. In fact, the very first pistol I ever bought was a Taurus PT-99 and I still have it.
I have a PT 24/7 in .45ACP. Love it. It's my personal carry weapon. The 13 round mag is nice and the size is reasonable.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

DixieRat wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:I have been thinking about picking up one of those PT-1911's myself. I have not been able to get my paws on one, to look at the build quality and such, but I have owned a few Taurus auto loaders in my day. In fact, the very first pistol I ever bought was a Taurus PT-99 and I still have it.
I have a PT 24/7 in .45ACP. Love it. It's my personal carry weapon. The 13 round mag is nice and the size is reasonable.
This is another weapon I am looking into. I have several Glocks, I have a Kimber, I have a USP, and a few others. The 24/7 looks nice... again, never held one. I love the feature that you can d/a pull on a striker fired weapon. But, I have carried a glock for so long, if I get a dead drop on a primer, it is muscle memory for me to rack a new round.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Ranger GSXRanger, The PT1911 is my first pistol ever owned so I’m not sure what my review of it counts for but I have shot many other handguns. I have an affinity for the 45ACP though. This pistol is an excellent "out of the box" gun. It comes fully loaded with all the bells and whistles and the Heinie Straight-8 are great for rapid fire, your follow up shots align perfectly with little to no correction. The 1911 I really want now is the Springfield 1911 TRP.

Ranger DixieRat, I have handled one PT 24/7 and I must say they have a great feel in the hand.

Respectfully,
SAVAGE
Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

GSXRanger wrote:
DixieRat wrote:
This is another weapon I am looking into. I have several Glocks, I have a Kimber, I have a USP, and a few others. The 24/7 looks nice... again, never held one. I love the feature that you can d/a pull on a striker fired weapon. But, I have carried a glock for so long, if I get a dead drop on a primer, it is muscle memory for me to rack a new round.
The ONLY problem I've had with my 24/7 is reloading. My meathooks pinky gets caught if I move too fast. It hurted my little finger thingy. :D

I'm looking to pick up either a Kimber or one of the Taurus 1911's. Gotta get an M-4 squared away first, though.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Savage...

Nice choice of sticks....for a DEP!! :twisted: :twisted: .. (no really).

Very good choice.

(Watch for the flames from this next statement... :wink: )

Unless you are an LEO, a pistol is a pistol is a pistole...

If you can't hit center mass at 10 feet...who cares!!! and if you are not an LEO, what are you doing using a pistol at more than 10 feet!!!!

Get an MP5 or a budget Tec-9 and you are done....( I know the Tec-9 is a peice of shit...but it will put rounds on centermass at 10' without jamming...ever...even if it does give you it's own 6-9 round burst...at will)

I got kicked out of 2 outdoor fireing ranges because of that shitbox..."you can't fire full auto here!!!" no shit...thanks for the update...this sere pin sucks what can I tell you????? All I tell the wife at home is "If I get the Tec-9 stand BEHIND ME!!!

Post another pick of that stud gun once you get it painted!!!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

First off, thank you Ranger Desert Sloth for moving this to the appropriate thread.

Well for one Ranger Oto-Man, a true MP5 is for one a little out of my price budget at the moment and for two illegal :shock: for me(fully auto). I'm only 18. But on putting rounds center mass, my best 5round group at 10yds is 2inch at standing position. The gun is capable of much better, I just have plenty of room for improvement.

I plan on painting the stick a desert tone(not sure what yet though) and probably shortening the barrel to 20-22 inches(currently 26in), it's much to heavy for any rucking or day hikes.

I do have two questions regarding owning weapons in the military. I know plenty of military personnel own them and have to check them in, but how and when would you ship them to yourself(if you were in my position, a DEP, about to ship). Would you just have it sent to a FFL in the city you’re in or do you have it sent to your military base. The second question is what do you do with them if you are deployed out of the states?

Respectfully,
SAVAGE
Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

SAVAGE^ wrote:
I do have two questions regarding owning weapons in the military. I know plenty of military personnel own them and have to check them in, but how and when would you ship them to yourself(if you were in my position, a DEP, about to ship). Would you just have it sent to a FFL in the city you’re in or do you have it sent to your military base. The second question is what do you do with them if you are deployed out of the states?

Respectfully,
SAVAGE
Nik
Answer to Question 1:

Have Mom keep them until you get to your Perminent Duty Station, and then have her ship from/to FFL dealer near you.

Question 2:

Leave 'em in the arms room (gives you a reason to come back vertical!)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Excellent. Thanks Ranger Oto-Man for the prompt response

Respectfully,
SAVAGE
Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold