Sitrep

Basic & AIT
Caleb
Embryo

Sitrep

Post by Caleb »

This weekend is our family day, ie graduating basic and moving into Infantry AIT. I spent two weeks in the hospital for viral meningitis after Christmas Exodus and missed all of BRM but came back the day of qualification to save my ass from recycle by qualifying with another guy's weapon that wasn't zero'd for me. It hurt my PT scores pretty bad and I'm desperately digging my ass out of that hole, my Drill Sergeant is starting me on two-a-day PT to help me out. Most of my platoon has RIP contracts and they all push me as well, I'll have access to computers for the weekend so any comments or suggestions would be great to hear.

-Driving On
Proverbs 12:1
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yeah, don't fucking quit and stay on the two a days as long as you aren't overtraining.

keep up the good attitude. build that bond with the other RIPpies once you figure out which ones are really trustworthy. you'll need each other.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

KW Driver wrote:yeah, don't fucking quit and stay on the two a days as long as you aren't overtraining.

keep up the good attitude. build that bond with the other RIPpies once you figure out which ones are really trustworthy. you'll need each other.
Just don't quit...it really is that easy! While you're working on your PT, don't forget chin-ups!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Good job, kid. Many the time I've handed one of my expert weapons off to someone in your situation. Stay hard - drive deep.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Did you ever get an Option 40 contract?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Please keep us updated. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Caleb
Embryo

Post by Caleb »

EarthPig wrote:Did you ever get an Option 40 contract?
RLTW
EP
I did Ranger EarthPig, I made a post about it a while back but I don't think many people saw it. There are about 30 people in the platoon with them as well, there are a lot of people worried about failing out and have renegotiated already and we're down to maybe 18 or so left. They close bunch of us got together not long ago and evaluated who we thought could honestly make it or who deserved to make it and about 8-10 of us might make it to battalion. My other Drill Sergeant is going to Ranger school shortly following our graduation, he has been there once before but was 'forced' to leave because his father passed away. He was told to leave or be failed out even though he already passed his patrol.
Our 1SG here was a Ranger in 3rd Battalion and later an RI, he plans to go back to 3rd Batt. soon I believe. He's something else, seems like he's done it all.
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Thanks for the update Caleb.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Caleb
Embryo

Post by Caleb »

PT test passed, Airborne PT test passed this morning. Graduating Friday as an Infantryman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Caleb wrote:PT test passed, Airborne PT test passed this morning. Graduating Friday as an Infantryman.
Excellent. Now the fun begins. Enjoy Airborne training; it will be a gift when you begin RIP. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About OSUT”