SEALs in Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
SeaManDEP
Embryo

SEALs in Ranger School

Post by SeaManDEP »

I would like to hear some Rangers views on SEALs in RS. How did they compare physically or tactically? Were they efficient leaders? Pros and Cons would be greatly appreciated.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Most SeAls are too good to go to the suck. They feel they are above it. Historically they don't fare well when they do go, it has to do with the arrogant=peered thingy
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Just like anyone attending Ranger School...

Don't be a fuck head.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I wouldn't be worried about suck school. Since you want to be a SEAL, you should focus on how well you can comb your hair!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

most Seals usually don't make it past land nav, and when they do a lot of them quit especially in the winter, I had two in my class do so.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
SeaManDEP
Embryo

Post by SeaManDEP »

Rangerguru wrote:most Seals usually don't make it past land nav, and when they do a lot of them quit especially in the winter, I had two in my class do so.
Thats the kind of answer I was lookin for. Thanks Ranger Rangerguru
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Ranger school like any other elite school will have its own unique share of good and bad personnel. I had a Seal in my class and he was good to go IMO he sure as hell didn't brag like the 2 Force Recon guys we had did one of which quit during City Week.

However, I'm starting to notice that you keep asking question after question after question. I haven't been around much lately but I'm getting tired of readin your DEP shit questions.

Do us a favor and start doing some PT and when you get tired.....DO SOME MORE PT........

WAIT 5 SECONDS...............AND DO SOME MORE PT

And just when you think you can't go any further.

DO MORE PT!!! and maybe then....

YOU'LL LEARN TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! :evil:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Rangerguru wrote:most Seals usually don't make it past land nav, and when they do a lot of them quit especially in the winter, I had two in my class do so.
+ Eleventy Six!!!

Not that I have anything AGAINST the S.E.A.L.'s... I have worked with some great guys... but, my experience is, unless there is a hair dryer, shower, lawn chair to tan on, they snivel pretty badly. :wink:

Oh, and I forgot the mirror... they ALL have portable mirrors, so they can look at themselves when they get finished tanning. :lol:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

I guess things don't change much. If I remember right we had 3 in our class and 2 out of the 3 didn't make it due to land nav.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Shouldn't you be more worried about BUD/S right now? Fuck, you should be worried about getting on the bus to go to basic training.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

I have a guy that works for me that spent 9 years as a SEAL NCO, three of which was as a BUDS instructor. Great guy. He tells me that they sent SEALS to Ranger School as punishment.
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Roger that. I started 7-95 and remember 1 SEAL in my platoon doing the ruck-sack flop just inside the woodline looking at his compass. The rest of us were busting ass trying to get back with all our points within the time hack. I never saw him again, rumor was he didn't get one point.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”