getting ready for part II physical

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

42L5V
Ranger

getting ready for part II physical

Post by 42L5V »

I'm getting ready to do my phase II retirement physical with the VA. I'm fairly healthy, no major issues. Of course I've got standard aches and pains in the knees, back, one shoulder from dislocating it, broken bone in right hand (yep, classic fist fight injury) definite hearing loss, etc. etc.

Do I need to be talking to DAV before my physical, or after the VA is done with me? Any good advice? Thanks.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

I would suggest that you give a copy of your medical records to the DAV and meet with a service officer. Ask him what questions and issues you should bring up at the physical that would aid in your case.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Definately talk to a rep, the DAV seems to be the most helpful. And by the way, enjoy getting your oil checked. :twisted:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “Post Service Issues”