PTSD Articles...

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Stew86 wrote:Sorry, I never meant to offend you. I have done my own research from four of my psychology books, none of them have any information on PTSD specific to soldiers or SOF personnel which is why I was curious on that subject. What I said wasn't necessarily my own opinion, just some speculation on the possibilities of SOF soldiers and a low prevalence of PTSD. Again, I'm sorry BIG MARE if I came off the wrong way...shutting up now and pushing.
No response from you was necessary dumbass. I don't give a flying f - - - how many books you read. You better not post in this topic/forum ( Post Service Issues ) ever again. Your input is not welcome.

Perhaps you better read this link and reread all including item # 4 & # 5.
> http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837

DO NOT RESPOND
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Capellanus
Ranger

PTSD is not a "Disorder"

Post by Capellanus »

ALCON;

I am late dropping in but I just recently joined the community. I recently attended the Family Life Chaplains conference in Orlando, FL (Shades of Green) in January 06. The subject: "Post Traumatic Families: Growing through the Tests of Combat, Separation, and Trauma." Dr. Jonathan Shay, author of Achilles in Viet Nam and Odysseus in America two landmark books aimed at explaining and preventing the onset of PTSD, spoke at the conference. His insights lead me to write a paper for one of my seminary classes (See attachment). I thought I would share it with the community.

BTY: Let us get away from calling it a "Disorder." In my view, it is not a "Disorder" but an injury, and ALL injuries inflicted in combat are Honorable. One article titled "When PTS--Disorders Life" sums it up. Soldiers should be given Purple Hearts for these unseen injuries and not looked at as someone weak.

Just my 2Cents.

"Rats" I can't seem to add an attachment (Browse/filename) then select "Add Attachement." Is there something I am missing?
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)

Return to “Medical Issues”