going to boot on 2/24/07 and i got a question

Basic & AIT
MeatRocket
Egg

going to boot on 2/24/07 and i got a question

Post by MeatRocket »

I have as of yet, never asked a question because most of the time if you read the beginning subjects they usually answer your question. Furthermore I'm terrible at grammer and God knows that people get hazed on this site for that(please forgive any mistakes)....anyway....to the point

I have been researching this field for a while and my MOS is ranger. I have gotten alot of mixed signals as to volunteering in basic. Some people have told me to go ahead and volunteer for anything, and others have said don't do anything....be a ghost. I consider myself to have leadership potential, and I would think that I would want to volunteer.

The next question I have is how do I portray myself as a leader. Obviously I need to get my shit done, but what things can I do suttly(sp?) to show my peers and drill sergants that I can have their trust and confidense?

I would like to end this by thanking the people of this site. It really has helped me alot both to get the contract that I needed(funny story about that....but later) and for getting mentally and physically prepared (I have come a long way....but I still have a LONG ways to go).
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Go post an intro. Now. After your intro do not post again until another DEP sends you a PM (private message). Move out.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
MeatRocket
Egg

Post by MeatRocket »

my bad....done.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Hate to shatter your sense of annonymity, but we have current RIP cadre as members of this site....partna!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

The Holmchicken wrote:Hate to shatter your sense of annonymity, but we have current RIP cadre as members of this site....partna!
Suck it!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

This guy is so screwed!!!
MeatRocket wrote:I have been researching this field for a while and my MOS is ranger.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

And by the way shitstain, the Army dosen't have Boot.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
lusus
Ranger

Re: going to boot on 2/24/07 and i got a question

Post by lusus »

One other thing. If you were right about this -
MeatRocket wrote: I consider myself to have leadership potential...
You wouldn't have to ask this...
MeatRocket wrote:...how do I portray myself as a leader. [sic]

Your lack of cognitive ability and self awareness is going to make it tough on you, bud.
C co 2/75 86-90
Class 8-88

'The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.' Frederick Foch
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

MeatRocket,
OSUT is not a science, you will figure it out rather quickly.You will get your chance to use your leadership abilities, probably as a squad leader, team leader or even as Platoon Guide.

Good luck, and dont sweat the small things.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!

Return to “About OSUT”