Longest Run

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Disinfertention wrote:18 miles.. just for fun while over in the Box... 1:15:35
So you ran a 4 minute mile, for 18 miles? You may want to redo your math on time and distance.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

When 9 of us from Regiment went to Belgian Para Commando one of the things we had to do was run 10 miles with wpns/full kit (minus ruck).

the rest of class ran it the week before while we Rangers were getting our Belgain wings so we ran it as our own group.

We were told that as enlisted we had to do it in 110 minutes. i asked how fast the O's had to do it in and was told 100 minutes. We were told that we had to stay in formation and start with our 1qts full. Off we go instantly dumping some water to lighten the load. We had to drag a guy named Faulkner, damn good tabbed out supply guy, the last 3 miles but finished in 98 minutes.

When we finished a guy named Brakke, real cocksucker, calls me over and tells me to open my 1 qts and show him they were still full. I said they were empty, so he tells me that all of us who didn't still have full canteens had 10 minutes to rest then retest the run for not finishing the run with full canteens. I tell him he is full of shit , a marginal international incident occured over that comment and he snaps on me in his native tongue. So I tell him I wanna see his CO. The CO shows up and those 2 have a meeting. The CO tells me we all have to retest the run. I tell me fuck no we ain't because his good Chef (Belgian for Sergeant) said we had to start with full canteens but never mentioned that we had to FINISH with them full. The CO looks puzzled and Brakke realizes that he fucked up. i then tell the CO if he still had problem with it he can call back to Regiment and ask for a Colonel Grange who would more than happy to back up his boys. Needless we didn't have to do the run.

Moral of the story, don't ever give an out to a Ranger!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

I'm running a half on sunday. Part of a deal my wife and I made. She's running some races back in the states, my part is to run them as well. Problem is, the FOB I'm at is only 3.5 miles in circumference. Worst part is, the final race in her series is a Marathon!!!!

-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

In this battlefield popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than the facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks. - David Kilcullen
onebadshot556
US Navy

Post by onebadshot556 »

Only 7 miles for me, I try to do that 3 times a week. My pussy hurts though after ussualy once.
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

Shadow races run so far while in Iraq:

IBM Uptown Classic 10K, 1 OCT 06
Girl Scouts-Lone Star Council's Scenic 10-miler, 22 OCT 06
Motive Bison Stampede Half Marathon, 12 NOV 06
ARC Decker Challenge 20K, 3 DEC 06

Currently looking into MWR sponsoring a shadow race for the AT&T Austin Marathon. We'll see how that goes!

-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

In this battlefield popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than the facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks. - David Kilcullen
Gator85
Embryo

Post by Gator85 »

19 miles varying between 7:30 miles and 9 minute miles. This was back in my distance runner days in high school(3 years ago) and my upper body strength is paying for the distance runner build I have. Push ups are kicking my ass. Doesn't matter much if I can run forever if I can't do more than 65 push ups in 2 minutes.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I have done several half marathons, but the longest run to date for me, was an off road 50k with the Danes, over in Kosovo. I have a picture somewhere after the run... that smoked my nuts. I ran with a pack, small pack, camelbak, to hold my gel packs and shit. I still run 25 or so miles per week, but more into cycling these days...

Your's truly with a seriously smoked sack!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

Well, the "shadow" Austin Marathon and Half-Marathon is in full effect. I'll post pics when we complete the race. We're gonna have about 50 runners!

-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Honolulu Marathon 96 finished in 3:17. BN CDR put out that if you ran it to completion he would grant two 4 day passes, I spent the first one in bed, cause my knees wouldn't work. I pissed myself at about the 19 mile mark, only because I knew that if I stopped I probably wouldn't be able to start again. Good times.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

military: 10 mile battalion run (Rakkasan)

civilian: Derby City Half-Marathon, several times. 13.1 hilly miles.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

That's what happens when they no longer have Rangers running through their morning formations and yelling out new cadences for them to learn.

Does anyone here remember when the Regimental HQ and 3rd Batt were returning from the dedication of the Ranger Memorial in '94. 1SG(?) told Doc C. to lead us in cadences while we commenced running back to the barracks in our spit shines. Right when we got in front of Infantry Hall, he yells out for us, "Runnin' through the jungle with my dick in my hand, I'm a mean m****r f****r called macho man!" 1SG just about choked :lol: I don't remember Doc C. ever being later called upon to lead cadence for our battalion runs....
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

Well, the FOB Warhorse Marathon (Austin Marathon shadow race) is complete! We had 52 runners (17 marathoners, 35 halfers). I'll post pics when I get them approved for release.

I ran a 3:41, bitches!

-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

Return to “About Army Physical Training”