Question for any recruiters...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Gnosis
Embryo

Question for any recruiters...

Post by Gnosis »

I've already secured my Opt 40 contract, so I really need this question answered by a recruiter:

There is a packet you can go through which includes learning the military alphabet, reading military time, rank, etc. that will give you a boost in your pay grade. I went through this packet, but my recruiter told me that I no longer qualified for the boost since I had already gotten E-2 at MEPS for my college credit. I hadn't given it much thought, but recently I ran it by a member here and they said it sounded fishy.

I have very little confidence in my recruiter anyway since he didn't even know what the Option 40 in my contract meant. Any insight to the situation would be greatly appreciated. The sooner, the better. Thanks.
FoxHound
Embryo

Post by FoxHound »

I am but a DEP, but Ill try and square you away. I got E2 at MEPS, im going through the basic training checklist to get E-3 before I ship without a problem, so maybe you have a lazy recruiter. It is 100 percent possible. PM me if you have any other questions I could help with.
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Question for any recruiters...

Post by 42L5V »

Gnosis wrote:There is a packet you can go through which includes learning the military alphabet, reading military time, rank, etc. that will give you a boost in your pay grade.
Holy fuck!! When I was a Private in basic training, the only way you got a stripe was scoring a 300 on your APFT. :roll:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Ranger 42L5V, you can receive a single grade for each of the following not exceed the grade of E3:

The test he is talking aobut consisting of basic verbal and written military info such as the phonetic alphabet, rank, soldier's creed, Military time, and minor D&C.

Passing an APFT.

2 years (or more) of JROTC (any branch) in highschool.

From what I can recall (this was 6 years ago for me) that's it. You qualify in two of the three areas and you are an E3 before ever leaving for Basic Training.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you are all correct.

The original poster can still complete the DEP Task list and earn another stripe prior to basic training.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”