Self-Inflating Life Preserver

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Self-Inflating Life Preserver

Post by cams »

Here's the deal folks, my oldest boy is/has been lobstering off the East Coast shores for a few months now.

Being the good Dad that I am, I worry about him, we lose a lot of fishermen in them waters.

I always ask if he's wearing some type of flotation device, it's a slick, slippery business on them decks, and those waters are freezing. This time of year it would give you hypothermia in about 5 minutes, no matter how good a fish you are , you would drown.

He won't wear anything over his rubbersuit, gets in the way, may get him caught up too in the rigging, what I'm thinking is a pilots thin, self inflating life vest, that he can wear under his worksuit, just in case.

Any ideas/thoughts?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I take it that lobstering is his job? You're old enough, ya know!!

Is he an adult? Is he stubborn like dad? If so, he probably thinks you are trying to treat him like a kid, and won't accept you trying to look out for him.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Ranger Luna wrote:I take it that lobstering is his job? You're old enough, ya know!!

Is he an adult? Is he stubborn like dad? If so, he probably thinks you are trying to treat him like a kid, and won't accept you trying to look out for him.
He's almost 20, stubborn as an ox, just like me. A very good swimmer as he grew up only feet from the ocean, and yes, he prolly does think I'm treating him like a kid, too fucking bad for him, I'm the father. :twisted: :wink:

He still does push-ups when he messes up, had him doing them since he was 5. He's a great kid though. 8)

I got the link also, thanks, and found another source as well.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

More options here, Ranger Cams. Some automatic, some not.

http://www.defender.com/pfds.html

Return to “Personal Gear”