Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: question

Post by cams »

jason11x wrote:I commend you in your determination in accomplishing your goal of being a Soldier and more so, a Ranger.
What specific actions make you think that your recruiter is screwing you?

As for the ASVAB, I went to my local library & borrowed the following books:

Master the ASVAB by Scott A. Ostrow
Edition 20th ed.
Publisher Lawrenceville, NJ : Thomson Peterson's, c2006.
Paging xiii, 631 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Notes 20th ed. consists of book only and no CD. 3rd ed. has book and CD

McGraw-Hill's ASVAB basic training for the AFQT by Janet E. Wall
Publisher New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006.
Paging xiii, 317 p. ; 28 cm.
Summary 8 full-length model subtests with explanations. Detailed coverage of the AFQT arithmetic reasoning, math knowledge, word knowledge, and paragraph comprehension subtests. Drills and exercises to sharpen your verbal and math skills

I found these books to be quite helpful. Helped me get an AFQT score of 89 w/ Army composite scores all over 120. Here's a link to a brief explanation of the scores - http://www.army.com/enlist/asvab_score.html

Your recruiter and your counselor at MEPS (when you process-in for your physical and contract) will look at your ASVAB scores to determine what potential MOS you would qualify for. Obviously, they would also consider other factors in helping you determine what MOS. Other factors include but are not limited to age, education level, law violations, & citizenship (for security clearances). Overall, the better you do in the ASVAB, the better chance you have in getting into the MOS you want. Good luck!!
Shut the fuck up. No need to respond, just do it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

What kind of surgery ? This is what I found-

"A Varicocele is a network of tangled blood vessels (varicose veins) in the scrotum."

Sounds painful. :shock:

And welcome.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Fuck the guy you were talking to. Just go to a different recruiter and get what you want.
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

The nut-thing sounds painful, indeed.

Look, money comes and goes..but chances to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment do not.

Fight for whatever it is you want, but ask yourself what exactly are your priorities?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

and gave me an apple sized nut for the last 16 months :evil:
Get yourself a matching set and you might just make through to my beloved Regiment. :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Dude,
How about a nice cup of shut the fuck up? In other words, shut your cock holster and go chase parked cars.

Read more, post less.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Zero wrote: fiancing Lasik.

-Zero
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't PRK the only thing you can get to qualify for SOCOM units? I know it is not SWC waiverable. Is it OK in Regiment? Lasik would nullify a 18x contract.

Anyway, Zero I commend you for sticking with your guns and getting what you want.

Besides that, you are a giant balled shit stain and you spend way too much time worrying about this shit. So grab your oversized nuts and get in the fight son...

Or just fuck off....either one, your choice but please make a choice, the fucking war could be over by the time you make up your mind. I would find that kind of humorous actually if after all of this you got to Battalion in a time of peace and were the only cocksucker without his stereo scrolls. Man would that suck!!! And you were worried about money!!! HAHAHAHAAA!!!
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I'm not a recruiter, so I don't know jack about what is currently being offered. I do know that personally, I waived the chances of several bonuses just to get a Ranger Contract. When I enlisted (light years ago), they were offering bonuses for Airborne (if you went 82nd), along with a few others. The Ranger Contracts at that time didn't get anything extra at all.

I do think that you should stick to your guns, though. I equate those MEPS boys to the clowns in the WWF.....they are all actors. Don't let their growls intimidate you. Don't sign your life away, unless you're getting what you absolutely want. It's that black and white.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

WOW :roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Introduction Archive”