Rangerin or Big money?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SeaManDEP
Embryo

Rangerin or Big money?

Post by SeaManDEP »

If you were 21 and were offered a job paying $75 an hour, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week in nowhere Wyoming; Would you trade all your Rangerin days for it(and all the friends you made while you were in)? The only catch is the job could last a week or it could last 5 years. The oilfield could fall out at anytime.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I gave up a probable professional baseball career to fling my body outta planes.

It destroyed my body, but I wouldn't change a fucken thing.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Not for the world. Ask anyone who has done something worthwhile in the military and you'll get the same response.

The job sounds great, but money cannot buy you life experience in the SOF community, which you may or may not find out on your own.

Go with your original plan first and then worry about making money.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

20 fucking years in the Army now. I am still an E7... I turned E8 down twice to get a seat in Arabic at DLI. My body is fucking broken, I have pins and screws and titanium plates that get cold when it is miserable outside... but, you know what? I would not give it up for the world. Sure, I could hang up my hat, tripple my salary doing exactly what I do right now, with fellow former hooahs... but, I love my job just the way it is. I love to mentor young troops, I love to make a difference. I joined the Army back in the middle of the cold war. Now, we are in the middle of a Bullet Slinging war, and alot of people have turned a profit from it.

I for one, choose not to. In fact, I am going Warrant after I gradute from DLI just so I can keep my FOG ass in for another ten years.

Then again, I am a glutton for punishment. 8)

*** Edit *** What the FUCK is a SEAL Challenge??? :?:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Tater Nuts wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:

A grueling test where you must identify an assortment of the latest hair care products while blindfolded, wearing a kapok life preserver, and standing in a bucket of icewater. One must rely on sense of smell, taste and texture only.
:D :D :D :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tater Nuts wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:

A grueling test where you must identify an assortment of the latest hair care products while blindfolded, wearing a kapok life preserver, and standing in a bucket of icewater. One must rely on sense of smell, taste and texture only.
Sounds eerily like 1-75 RIP (prior to Regimental RIP)
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Tater Nuts wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:

Won't that require removal of their Ray Bans?
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I was put out of the Army after 18 years because of Airborne related injuries, broke neck, jaw, shoulder and hip, I have also had both knees worked on, and now they tell me that I have degenerative disc disease, and I make a lot of money now teaching Feds how to shoot, but if Uncle Sam called me back up to the majors, I'd go in a second.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Silverback wrote: Sounds eerily like 1-75 RIP (prior to Regimental RIP)
And how the fuck would a Cherry like you know???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rgrjoe175 wrote:
Silverback wrote: Sounds eerily like 1-75 RIP (prior to Regimental RIP)
And how the fuck would a Cherry like you know???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's common knowledge that 1st batt RIP was like the Birdcage in the movie with the same name. :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

I have been making six figures for quite a few years now....live in sunny Florida...got the big house with a pool, got the boat.. got the expensive vehicles... can buy any thing I want and not think twice about it...

If I could start all over - The only thing I would change would be not fucking up my knee and I would make a career out of it.

Fuck the money, much more satisfying job and way of life in SOF.

The guys that stayed in and made a career of it... I am jealous.. :D

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81

Return to “The Mosh Pit”