Option 40 secured!

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
FoxHound
Embryo

Option 40 secured!

Post by FoxHound »

Rangers, I just got home from MEPS and I am feeling amazing. It went really well, I got what I wanted with little trouble. I am staring at an 11x, Option 40 contract with my name on it. I ship 20070724 and have a tentative Airborne start of 20071117 so I have awhile, and I am going to use every moment of that time to prepare myself for the path I have volunteered to go down. I truly want to thank all Rangers past and present for your knowledge, although I am a relative new poster, I have been reading for over a year and have learned a lot. I will not let ANY of you down. Ears and eyes open, mouth shut, pushing, and never ever quiting.
EAT III
Ranger

Re: Option 40 secured!

Post by EAT III »

FoxHound wrote:Rangers, I just got home from MEPS and I am feeling amazing. It went really well, I got what I wanted with little trouble. I am staring at an 11x, Option 40 contract with my name on it. I ship 2007724 and have a tentative Airborne start of 20071117 so I have awhile, and I am going to use every moment of that time to prepare myself for the path I have volunteered to go down. I truly want to thank all Rangers past and present for your knowledge, although I am a relative new poster, I have been reading for over a year and have learned a lot. I will not let ANY of you down. Ears and eyes open, mouth shut, pushing, and never ever quiting.
Now That is the Right Attitude,Make a 3x5 note card with what you just said
and put it on your Mirror Right next to the Ranger Creed that should be there.Congrats,but Stay Focused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Option 40 secured!

Post by Steadfast »

EAT III wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Rangers, I just got home from MEPS and I am feeling amazing. It went really well, I got what I wanted with little trouble. I am staring at an 11x, Option 40 contract with my name on it. I ship 2007724 and have a tentative Airborne start of 20071117 so I have awhile, and I am going to use every moment of that time to prepare myself for the path I have volunteered to go down. I truly want to thank all Rangers past and present for your knowledge, although I am a relative new poster, I have been reading for over a year and have learned a lot. I will not let ANY of you down. Ears and eyes open, mouth shut, pushing, and never ever quiting.
Now That is the Right Attitude,Make a 3x5 note card with what you just said
and put it on your Mirror Right next to the Ranger Creed that should be there.Congrats,but Stay Focused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats & what he (Ranger EAT III) said!!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Fantastic! You are already ahead of most people, in that you are staring at an Opt. 40 contract. Finish each step of that goal, and watch as you become part of a smaller ELITE group. First, you will be an Infantryman...the hub of the Army force. Next, Airborne.....an elite group of warriors with a rich history. Finally, a US Army Ranger.....the cream of the fighting machine. Never quit. Good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Congrats, it sounds like you're on the road that you have chosen, don't be tempted by any exits. The road less traveled is the one with the biggest prize at the end. Never quit. Keep us posted on your progress
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “Recruitment Process”