Grappling

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Yeaaah, I stuffed my PC into my pants during MOUT for that exact reason.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Adam81
USAR Veteran

Post by Adam81 »

"The Gracie bros spent two weeks at 2nd Batt. training a bunch of NCOs who then returned to their platoons to spread the knowledge."

Which two Gracies are you referring two? I've heard that Renzo went down a couple of times with Royler, but I think they are cousins. A soldier named Romolo Bittencourt came here with his brother Ricardo from Brazil and opened an academy in Newark, NJ. They lived in Brazil with Renzo, Royler, Royce, Rickson and the entire family. I trained with them at their academy for awhile and they are both great guys.

Romolo is a black belt under Renzo and at some point in either BT or AIT (he was 11B) he was asked to train with a bunch of NCO's, and then to train other groups of soldiers. The next year his brother ricardo, a brown belt under Renzo went down with him and they both trained soldiers. Ricardo came back with a bunch of great pics and said all the soldiers were exited to learn BJJ and picked it up pretty fast.

This was about 4 years ago, and Romolo was deployed I believe, but i'm sure its what brought Renzo down, or at least made the connection.

Return to “Close Combat”