13Foxtrot..........Forward Observers

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: The bad thing is..................

Post by EvilCouch »

snakecharmer wrote:The bad thing is about being an Airborne "GUN BUNNY" is .............well.....................being a "GUN BUNNY" but never getting to see the shit that you BLOW UP!!!! We only here of it from the guys in the front! :twisted: 8)
get into AT. You get the best of both worlds!

A big, fat charge going off just behind your shoulder followed by a satisfying explosion on a tank or a car or building or whatever the hell they told you to blow up.

Also, you can goose PCs. That's always fun.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

I even got to do some really dumb shit... Some brain child came up with the idea of lasing targets from OH-6s at a hover for A-10s. So a small fixed wing flew into HAAF and picked up Lt. Martin, Cpl. Thompson and I. Flew us up to Maryland with our great big fooking laser target designators. Spanky, you remember how big those damn things were...LOL We were met by some Maryland Air National Guard folks that briefed us on what they wanted us to do. I remember one of the pilots response to my question I posed over the intercom while I was standing on the skid trying to lase a target "Ranger I cant hover this damn thing any steadier, this is the most fucked up idea anyone has ever come up with."

The beer and crab feast afterwards was pretty cool though.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

rgrjoe175 wrote:I even got to do some really dumb shit... Some brain child came up with the idea of lasing targets from OH-6s at a hover for A-10s. So a small fixed wing flew into HAAF and picked up Lt. Martin, Cpl. Thompson and I. Flew us up to Maryland with our great big fooking laser target designators. Spanky, you remember how big those damn things were...LOL We were met by some Maryland Air National Guard folks that briefed us on what they wanted us to do. I remember one of the pilots response to my question I posed over the intercom while I was standing on the skid trying to lase a target "Ranger I cant hover this damn thing any steadier, this is the most fucked up idea anyone has ever come up with."

JP
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's 2 scoops of retardedness!
World's worst webcomic
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

EvilCouch wrote:
rgrjoe175 wrote:I even got to do some really dumb shit... Some brain child came up with the idea of lasing targets from OH-6s at a hover for A-10s. So a small fixed wing flew into HAAF and picked up Lt. Martin, Cpl. Thompson and I. Flew us up to Maryland with our great big fooking laser target designators. Spanky, you remember how big those damn things were...LOL We were met by some Maryland Air National Guard folks that briefed us on what they wanted us to do. I remember one of the pilots response to my question I posed over the intercom while I was standing on the skid trying to lase a target "Ranger I cant hover this damn thing any steadier, this is the most fucked up idea anyone has ever come up with."

JP
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's 2 scoops of retardedness!
I think the most retarded (and dangerous) thing we ever did was trying to have Air Guard F-4s doing close air support at night under illum from helicopters. The Cobras fired the illum, and one of them overtorqued his rotor and had to set down ASAP. Simultaneously, an F-4 is screaming in over the impact area under the illum, and damn near flew it right into the ground. I don't think the guy had any night vision or anything. He realized at the last minute he was going in, and pulled full afterburner and tried to pull out. He just barely made it. You could see the dust and shit his exhaust kicked up as he finally pulled out. He couldn't be more than 30 feet off the ground, and we all thought he was going in. They sort of called that little exercise off after that. I imagine the F-4 pilot needed an underwear change, too. :shock:
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Hoooooly shit! Yeah, I think someone owes that pilot some booze.
World's worst webcomic
RangerLee
Ranger

Re: Logic would dictate...............

Post by RangerLee »

EvilCouch wrote:
snakecharmer wrote:My reason for asking for is that one of the recent graduates of my local county highschool is going with the option 40 contract and was told the only way is with an 11X series MOS. How does one get 13F and a contract to RIP/BATT etc? ? or does he?
Sounds like the typical recruiter bullshit that they feed to kids so they can meet their quota.

13foxes can get RIP contracts. I had a handfull go through RIP with me that way.
I got my 13f RIP contract...
When i was enlisting they needed 13f so they gladly gave it to me. But the fucked up part is that they tried to send me anywhere except Rip/Batt. The fucktard tried to get me to 82nd, 101st, some fucking units in germany / italy.. I had to walk out and tell him to get fucked cause I wanted a Rip contract. On the way home the recruiter was telling me why didn't i just go to another unit. I asked him... if he had the money for a porsche would he go to the dealer and pay the same price for a pinto...

Needless to say i went back to MEPS the next week and got what i wanted.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Logic would dictate...............

Post by K.Ingraham »

RangerLee wrote: I asked him... if he had the money for a porsche would he go to the dealer and pay the same price for a pinto...
That RangerLee, is one of the best lines I've read here.
I'll be plagerizing the daylights out of that one, & recommending it to others as well.
It's also a perfect metaphor, you're paying with 4 years of your life - get the most out of it that you can.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”