1000 pushup club

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Table of Elements Skater wrote:Started at 2:20 and its now around 7:30, a little over 5 hours. I guess my name can be added to the "My pussy hurts" list. I didn’t stay in front leaning rest, hope I didn’t have to, if I did ill redo next week. This sucked badly; I was looking like the dude in my avatar.

I varied between sets of 25 and 50, mostly 25. I never thought I could complete 1000 pu, It was an unreachable goal in my mind. Ranger Bugsy wanted some DEPs to step up and I gave it a shot. Once I hit 350, my arms were burning. Went down to knock out another set and just got in a groove and kept saying to myself one more set... one more set. And what do ya know, it worked. Any DEPS reading this, all ya gotta do is try. As said a million times on here, block out the mental barrier and GO. Ive definitely come a long way due to ArmyRanger.com.

Hopefully the other DEPs will be around shorty to sound off.
Now this sounds realistic. Thanks for being honest T.O.E.S. I think allot of the people posting on this are not doing them or aren't doing them correctly.
I'll admit I wasn't doing them like I used to (especially when I was at regiment), certainly wasn't "regulation type pushups" but I still did'em, nothing to prove I just decided to knock'em out since I didn't go to the gym. But I was simply tryin to motivate the DEP's since none of us haven't gotten on them to do more PT like we used to.

BTW, WAY TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND REPRESENT TOES, YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY BRO!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Bugsy wrote: I'll admit I wasn't doing them like I used to (especially when I was at regiment), certainly wasn't "regulation type pushups" but I still did'em, nothing to prove I just decided to knock'em out since I didn't go to the gym. But I was simply tryin to motivate the DEP's since none of us haven't gotten on them to do more PT like we used to.

BTW, WAY TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND REPRESENT TOES, YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY BRO!!!
I wasn't even including you Bugs, I was referring mostly to these 1 post chumps that have stopped in here and run their cockholsters. A couple of the DEP's too.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Bugsy wrote: I'll admit I wasn't doing them like I used to (especially when I was at regiment), certainly wasn't "regulation type pushups" but I still did'em, nothing to prove I just decided to knock'em out since I didn't go to the gym. But I was simply tryin to motivate the DEP's since none of us haven't gotten on them to do more PT like we used to.

I wasn't even including you Bugs, I was referring mostly to these 1 post chumps that have stopped in here and run their cockholsters. A couple of the DEP's too.
Thats cool bro, but i did have to clarify myself since I didn't do them regulation style and though I pride myself on being stronger than the average 45 year old I didn't want these DEP's to say Dayum this old fucker knocked them out that quick and then wonder WTF?

But I am pushin 3 wheels motherfuckers 3 sets of 10, now if I could only loose this fuckin gut I've developed. :roll:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Well...I am reporting back in. I failed to meet the standard.
I have no idea what happend but im not here to make excuses.
I knocked out 300 in 40 minutes and when I went back down 4 minutes later to knock out some more I couldnt do 1 more fucking push up.
I gave myself 20 minutes and then 40 and still cant knock out more than 3.

I will meet the standard of 1000 push ups in 4 hours. But obviously it wont happen tonight... :oops:

~Joseph :(
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
The Dave
Embryo

Post by The Dave »

Ranger Bugsy, "My pussy hurts"

Knocked out 283 in just under an hour, and struggled to hit 284. Got a long ways to go as well, but I'll get there. Won't stop until I do.

Will knock another 50 before bed.
ghost06
Tadpole

Post by ghost06 »

Ranger Bugsy, will complete soon as my shoulder heals up. Unfortunately according to the Doctor I probably won't have full use of my shoulder for about another 6 weeks ballpark. Will re-post or send you a PM when completed whichever is better.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

ghost06 wrote:Ranger Bugsy, will complete soon as my shoulder heals up. Unfortunately according to the Doctor I probably won't have full use of my shoulder for about another 6 weeks ballpark. Will re-post or send you a PM when completed whichever is better.
Heal up don't press it right now, but don't slug your way into not pressing forward.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:Well...I am reporting back in. I failed to meet the standard.
I have no idea what happend but im not here to make excuses.
I knocked out 300 in 40 minutes and when I went back down 4 minutes later to knock out some more I couldnt do 1 more fucking push up.
I gave myself 20 minutes and then 40 and still cant knock out more than 3.

I will meet the standard of 1000 push ups in 4 hours. But obviously it wont happen tonight... :oops:

~Joseph :(

Good Attempt none the less Joseph....keep working at it.

Hell, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. :wink:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

1000 push-ups in 3 hours and 30 minutes and 43 sec.

I thought I would die on the last 100. Heaviest I have ever done in my short life.

I'll push another 20 (if I manage) before I go to bed.
Support our troops

Norwegian Navy Dive Command 2008-2009
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

I managed to do 200 in one hour last week. I've been working on the stickied pushup program, and I can keep up with the week 6/7 pushups.

The program has almost doubled the number of pushups I can do (in a month). That's not saying much, but I'm getting there.

I leave for training on Saturday, but before I go, I will definitely spend a day trying to get 1000 done, no matter how long it takes. (I'm guessing 2 days)

For now I will try to do another 200 pushups before hitting the hay.
onebadshot556
US Navy

Post by onebadshot556 »

I remember looking at this post in 03 thinking damn its gona take me a while to get there. I just now did it pounded out 1000 in 1 hour 59 min. I thought it wasn't to hard. Sets of 25, just watch the clock try to do 100 every 10 min. Pretty easy although my last 100 I wasn't able to complete the 25reps.
Im gona go crawl back into the water where I belong, you Rangers are insane.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

onebadshot556 wrote:I remember looking at this post in 03 thinking damn its gona take me a while to get there. I just now did it pounded out 1000 in 1 hour 59 min. I thought it wasn't to hard. Sets of 25, just watch the clock try to do 100 every 10 min. Pretty easy although my last 100 I wasn't able to complete the 25reps.
Im gona go crawl back into the water where I belong, you Rangers are insane.

Well hotshot wannabe SEAL, try this one on for size.

1 mile run
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 air squats
1 mile run

Do it for time. And do it with body armor on. I'm not joking. Then you can crawl back to the water and hopefully drown.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

I am gonna give that a whirl...i know that i won't make the club anytime soon...but damn it i will be one day and the youngest on it! i don't give in to challenges...thats my rule i have rarely broke. The times i have it was to authority. The other times...i have no excuse...now this is a goal.
Roach66
Inprocessing

Break it down...

Post by Roach66 »

Whew!

3hr 48min

I used a tennis ball under a towel as my chest "spot", kept eye contact with the wall for each set.
I marked each set, and 2.5-3hrs into it I was glad I didn't try to keep count in my head.

I broke it down to 200 sets of 5, executed (not more than) every min for the duration. It gave me 200 for slack, but you younger Hooya's won't need it doing it this way and should get 1200 easy. The first 300-400 might seem easy but that wont' last...by750 it's gut check time.

Upside, at the end you look like fuck'n Schwarzenegger.
RLTW
9-87, No Slack Sierra

Return to “About Army Physical Training”