SITREP AztecSN95

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AztecSN95 wrote:Apparently you can talk to a guy about that in March. Or again in September.
St Patrick's Day is in March, so is this person a Leprochaun or is he selling soap?

What's in March?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

AztecSN95 wrote:
Matador275 wrote:The point is that you are beginning to talk about "Tier this and that". Lose the cool guy lingo, even if it seems to be the trend amongst your peers, where I assume you picked it up.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with "rumor is that we aren't welcome?" Who is "we"? A bunch of pipeline studs who haven't had more on their shoulder than a schoolhouse patch? If that is what you mean, then you are more than likely right.

Now, if you are identifying yourself with a bunch of guys who have been on teams for a while, then you are wrong. I hope for you that you aren't counting yourself in their league with the "we" comment.
Ranger Matador,
First, you do not know me. For all you know I could have been running around saying Tier this and Tier that prior to ever coming into the service. The fact I posted it here has no relevance in whether or not you approve of when I started using it.
Thin skin?
And for the record, I toned down what I said and to whom I say things to the day I came into the service. It's not my fault that instead of calling Rangers by their name, bat boys, or anything else - you are commonly referred to as "those tier 2 GUYS" by quite a few Cadre, students, and even the RANGERS running around Bragg.
Maybe a quick refreshing look at the USASOC Tier matrix would shed some light on that one.
The last time I was at Benning was with NCOs that finished the course. So when I say WE, sometimes I do include myself with those that carry the long tab. When I say WE aren't welcome, it was a sarcastic poke at the never ending pissing match between the guys I've met from Ranger BN, and those that finished the course and are now at Group.
The only people with a problem in either one of the aforementioned units are the guys who knew they wouldn't hack it in the other's organization.
I didn't realize that a Ranger tabbed E4 who is all fucked up is clearly a better soldier than any other E3-E4 who hasn't been to Ranger School. I'll keep that in mind throughout the rest of my career. Tabs/Patches = Studs.
That is as broad a statement as saying that everyone from any given place is a stud.
Someone should have mentioned that to the Ranger/Sapper tabbed E5 I met last week who is now in OT because he does dumber shit than even the fresh 18-year olds.
10% rule.
I post on this site to keep a few friends up to date on whats going on in my life at Bragg. In the future I'll keep that to PMs only.
Don't get your panties in a bunch over this. If you can't handle someone arguing in a conversation over something you said, don't let the door hit you on the way out. If you don't mind, feel free to hang around and post to your heart's content.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

AztecSN95, it appears that your getting a "Holier then Though" attitude. It might be a good idea to think about what and how much you say before you graduate and get assigned to a unit. The BTDT's will eat you alive when you get there.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

AztecSN95 wrote:Hey, I do appreciate the kind words though. Ranger EarthPig, JIM, and SFC Hit_It - expect updates here and there via PM.

Well now, Aztec, it's about time we heard from you. Sounds like you are progressing. I do appreciate your achievements, however, a number of your peers who started with you have completed their first deployment. When you are ready, let me know and I'll send you a CIB (nothing like being part of the continuum). I expect good things from you. And I'll say it again: Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

Matador275 wrote:
AztecSN95 wrote:
Matador275 wrote:The point is that you are beginning to talk about "Tier this and that". Lose the cool guy lingo, even if it seems to be the trend amongst your peers, where I assume you picked it up.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with "rumor is that we aren't welcome?" Who is "we"? A bunch of pipeline studs who haven't had more on their shoulder than a schoolhouse patch? If that is what you mean, then you are more than likely right.

Now, if you are identifying yourself with a bunch of guys who have been on teams for a while, then you are wrong. I hope for you that you aren't counting yourself in their league with the "we" comment.
Ranger Matador,
First, you do not know me. For all you know I could have been running around saying Tier this and Tier that prior to ever coming into the service. The fact I posted it here has no relevance in whether or not you approve of when I started using it.
Thin skin?
And for the record, I toned down what I said and to whom I say things to the day I came into the service. It's not my fault that instead of calling Rangers by their name, bat boys, or anything else - you are commonly referred to as "those tier 2 GUYS" by quite a few Cadre, students, and even the RANGERS running around Bragg.
Maybe a quick refreshing look at the USASOC Tier matrix would shed some light on that one.
The last time I was at Benning was with NCOs that finished the course. So when I say WE, sometimes I do include myself with those that carry the long tab. When I say WE aren't welcome, it was a sarcastic poke at the never ending pissing match between the guys I've met from Ranger BN, and those that finished the course and are now at Group.
The only people with a problem in either one of the aforementioned units are the guys who knew they wouldn't hack it in the other's organization.
I didn't realize that a Ranger tabbed E4 who is all fucked up is clearly a better soldier than any other E3-E4 who hasn't been to Ranger School. I'll keep that in mind throughout the rest of my career. Tabs/Patches = Studs.
That is as broad a statement as saying that everyone from any given place is a stud.
Someone should have mentioned that to the Ranger/Sapper tabbed E5 I met last week who is now in OT because he does dumber shit than even the fresh 18-year olds.
10% rule.
I post on this site to keep a few friends up to date on whats going on in my life at Bragg. In the future I'll keep that to PMs only.
Don't get your panties in a bunch over this. If you can't handle someone arguing in a conversation over something you said, don't let the door hit you on the way out. If you don't mind, feel free to hang around and post to your heart's content.
I hope I get the chance to show a few of you just how thin my skin is. Regardless of how little you may think of my plain little schoolhouse patch, I'm proud as fuck of what I've accomplished, and will happily continue on my warpath in the 18D course. :twisted:
Last edited by AztecSN95 on November 8th, 2006, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

SGT V,
Understood.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Return to “Letters from School”