SITREP AztecSN95

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

SITREP AztecSN95

Post by AztecSN95 »

It's been quite awhile since I've posted, but I thought I'd give you guys an update on how things are here at Bragg. I completed CLT/WLC (PLDC/BNCOC) back on Sept 1st. Since then the majority of us were handed over to STU Co, and have moved onto SOPC II, Language, SUT, and SERE. There were a few of us (like myself) that had S2 issues to clear up, and thus we aren't moving onto the next part of the course until after the new year we're told. Basically all we're doing is PT and accountability each day. There are a few of us (ranging from E4-E6) who turned back into gym rats, and have been rucking quite a bit on our own. The PT we've been doing is really quite limited to running and light upper/lower body in the morning, so I've been using that as an excuse to get into the gym as often as possible (6 days a week). I'm trying to get back into my pre-Army condition, as I was quite a bit larged prior to coming into the service. Oh yeah, I hit my year this past October, so I had one weekend of pretty rowdy drinking, and that was about it.
We were trying to get slotted to head to Ranger School since we have so much downtime, but they aren't sending anyone out mid-phase anymore. We've had a few jumps scattered about, and I'll be the 1st to say that CASA and Dash-1s are a huge step in the right damn direction.

Some Rangers from Regimental HQ are now here for the SOCM course, and I've made some pretty good friends out of that deal. Obviously they are all medics, and upon completion of the course they will pick up their BN assignments. From what I understand the majority of them are really trying to get to 2nd BN.

Anyway, I apologize that there isn't more to expand upon, but as you can see I haven't really been up to much.

Any of you from the Bragg area that want to lift, ruck, or drink sometime, PM me. I'm always down to shoot the shit with some former Tier 2 personalities.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Congrats on your first year. Keep up the good work, and don't be such a stranger.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Nomad
Ranger

Re: SITREP AztecSN95

Post by Nomad »

AztecSN95 wrote:I'm always down to shoot the shit with some former Tier 2 personalities.
Don't let your head get too big :roll:
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

How is that in any way related to my head getting too big? I'd say CURRENT, but the Ranger population on this post is limited to guys that got RSFd, or are in the SOCM course pretty much (and I've met most of the latter). Shit, I'll happily stop by HQ next time I'm at Benning, except rumor has it we aren't welcome behind your fence.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

AztecSN95 wrote:How is that in any way related to my head getting too big? I'd say CURRENT, but the Ranger population on this post is limited to guys that got RSFd, or are in the SOCM course pretty much (and I've met most of the latter). Shit, I'll happily stop by HQ next time I'm at Benning, except rumor has it we aren't welcome behind your fence.
The point is that you are beginning to talk about "Tier this and that". Lose the cool guy lingo, even if it seems to be the trend amongst your peers, where I assume you picked it up.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with "rumor is that we aren't welcome?" Who is "we"? A bunch of pipeline studs who haven't had more on their shoulder than a schoolhouse patch? If that is what you mean, then you are more than likely right.

Now, if you are identifying yourself with a bunch of guys who have been on teams for a while, then you are wrong. I hope for you that you aren't counting yourself in their league with the "we" comment.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

What the hell is Tier 2? Tier 1? and is there a Tier 3, 4, 5.................
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Ranger Luna wrote:What the hell is Tier 2? Tier 1? and is there a Tier 3, 4, 5.................
Let me explain it in a way you can relate. It's kinda like grade school Luna.
There's 1st grade. Then there's 2nd grade. Then 3rd, 4th, 5th..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

RTO wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:What the hell is Tier 2? Tier 1? and is there a Tier 3, 4, 5.................
Let me explain it in a way you can relate. It's kinda like grade school Luna.
There's 1st grade. Then there's 2nd grade. Then 3rd, 4th, 5th..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Except that using your example, 1st grade would be PhD graduates at what they do, or are deemed so by the powers above reality.

Not always a rhyme or reason, but these days everyone is "Tier 1", at least according to themselves when asked. Kind of like the term "operator" being used by everyone to describe what they do.

I guess I am just sick and tired of hearing the shit. Does it mean that because my unit is assigned a Tier 1 position that I am cooler than a guy on a Tier 2 team? No. It has nothing to do with my ability, for the most part, but with my unit's classification and to a certain degree the unit's mission statement.
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

Matador275 wrote:The point is that you are beginning to talk about "Tier this and that". Lose the cool guy lingo, even if it seems to be the trend amongst your peers, where I assume you picked it up.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with "rumor is that we aren't welcome?" Who is "we"? A bunch of pipeline studs who haven't had more on their shoulder than a schoolhouse patch? If that is what you mean, then you are more than likely right.

Now, if you are identifying yourself with a bunch of guys who have been on teams for a while, then you are wrong. I hope for you that you aren't counting yourself in their league with the "we" comment.
Ranger Matador,
First, you do not know me. For all you know I could have been running around saying Tier this and Tier that prior to ever coming into the service. The fact I posted it here has no relevance in whether or not you approve of when I started using it. And for the record, I toned down what I said and to whom I say things to the day I came into the service. It's not my fault that instead of calling Rangers by their name, bat boys, or anything else - you are commonly referred to as "those tier 2 GUYS" by quite a few Cadre, students, and even the RANGERS running around Bragg.

The last time I was at Benning was with NCOs that finished the course. So when I say WE, sometimes I do include myself with those that carry the long tab. When I say WE aren't welcome, it was a sarcastic poke at the never ending pissing match between the guys I've met from Ranger BN, and those that finished the course and are now at Group. I didn't realize that a Ranger tabbed E4 who is all fucked up is clearly a better soldier than any other E3-E4 who hasn't been to Ranger School. I'll keep that in mind throughout the rest of my career. Tabs/Patches = Studs. Someone should have mentioned that to the Ranger/Sapper tabbed E5 I met last week who is now in OT because he does dumber shit than even the fresh 18-year olds.

I post on this site to keep a few friends up to date on whats going on in my life at Bragg. In the future I'll keep that to PMs only.

Hey, I do appreciate the kind words though. Ranger EarthPig, JIM, and SFC Hit_It - expect updates here and there via PM.

Will someone close/lock this thread? Thanks.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

If Im a Tier 2 personality, how do I get me one of those Tier 1 pesona's?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

Apparently you can talk to a guy about that in March. Or again in September.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Ranger Luna wrote:If Im a Tier 2 personality, how do I get me one of those Tier 1 pesona's?
Buy some Tier 1 patches and certificate of achievements on eBay and then get a myspace account. :roll:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AztecSN95 wrote:Apparently you can talk to a guy about that in March. Or again in September.
I was CQR god in my day.

CQR: CQRunner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited to add: My dumbass quoted the wrong post. :x
Last edited by Looon on November 7th, 2006, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Tater Nuts wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_Em ... _Universe)
While not codified by law, Klingons operate on a three teir system when interacting with others. Kligons born on Klinshai or one of the other core worlds look down on those born on the colony worlds, who all look down on the subject races.
As far as I can tell Aztec is a Klingon trainee from the "Your not the boss of me clan"
:lol: :lol: :lol: Chuuuck Toc..........That means 'fuck you' in Clingon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990

Return to “Letters from School”