Career Common Sense

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Career Common Sense

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Finding something you can and want to do isnt THAT tough and dont give the civilian community too much credit on what they see. Interviews are like marketing. If you are market poorly, you get poor results, if you market well, you get great results. Here is an example.
Arm and Hammer Baking Soda: This is one of the greatest marketing things I have EVER seen.
First, who uses baking soda for baking anymore. NO BODY!!!
Arm and Hammer knows this and what do they advertise to do.
*Buy a box of their baking soda, open it and put it in your refrigerator. It doesnt do anything....who the hell knows when it quits doing whatever the hell it is supposed to be doing. But damned if we dont buy a box and stick it in there. EVERY FREAKIN MONTH!
* And then I saw their advertisement to pour a box down the drain to "freshen" the sink!!!!! THAT is freakin stupid as hell but damned if I didnt see my own freakin wife pouring a box doen the drain. I asked, what the fuck are you doing? She says, well...the TV said that if I poured this down the drain it would freshen the pipes! FRESHIN THE PIPES??? Genius, plain fucking GENIUS. The next thing they are going to do is tell you to buy a box and sprinkle it out the fucking car window on the way to work. Wouldnt you like to go to their board meetings and just watch these guys at work. They probably have a big bong on the Board Room table and get stoned before the come up with this shit.
THE POINT IS....you can market yourself and get a buyer. Think about it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I heard it was good to pour onto snow on your walkway. It doesn't melt it, but it helps it stay fresh.

Is that true, Pastor?
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Spartan wrote:I heard it was good to pour onto snow on your walkway. It doesn't melt it, but it helps it stay fresh.

Is that true, Pastor?
Wait a second son, lets get them on the phone and sell the idea.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Add Intel to that list. Everybody and there brother was building and selling computers. It didn't matter who was building them as long as it had "Intel Inside". Every computer builder in America tripping over themselves trying to get market share and they are advertising and promoting your product for you... Intel. Somebody at Intel was on the ball!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

How about we put some baking soda in Tampons and tell the women it will make their (edit) smell fresh and clean !
Last edited by Rgr_MindRiot on April 2nd, 2004, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Don't forget that arm and hammer has a toothpaste now. When I was a kid, we were really poor. When my parents didn't have enough money for toothpaste, my mom would have us brush with baking soda. Go figure. :shock:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Talk about nasty...Using baking soda for toothpaste and my Mom added salt for flavor... We used that also(when I was PWT)

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

AngryPistols wrote:Talk about nasty...Using baking soda for toothpaste and my Mom added salt for flavor... We used that also(when I was PWT)

Angry
SALT????

Damn, .....no wonder your name IS angry. Yo Momma was into freaking torture. Baking Soda is 80% sodium to begin with. :twisted:
My Mom would beat me when I was naked.....I liked it. :wink:
RS Class # 7-76

straightshooter
Tadpole

Post by straightshooter »

Baking Soda is the best thing for heartburn or a hangover or just to cleanse out the ole' system! You mix a tsp. in a glass of H2O and chug it (Yes, It's gross!) but then you'll belch the worst noisiest belch. (Which I know most of you might try it just for fun :wink: ) and then guess what?!? No more rotten stomach!
55B, 1989-1992, Ft. Benning, GA. United States Army Marksmanship Team 1990-1992, International Pistol.

life is what you make of it
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

straightshooter wrote:Baking Soda is the best thing for heartburn or a hangover or just to cleanse out the ole' system! You mix a tsp. in a glass of H2O and chug it (Yes, It's gross!) but then you'll belch the worst noisiest belch. (Which I know most of you might try it just for fun :wink: ) and then guess what?!? No more rotten stomach!

Whatever
RSD 96-99

Return to “Post Service Issues”