Meeting My Recruiter

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Meeting My Recruiter

Post by Kiknskreem »

I am meeting with my recruiter for the first time this weekend and want to thank all the Rangers for the information I have gotten off this board. I am coming here just as a last minute checklist. I will ask for DEP/11X/ABN and Option 40, and will not settle for less. Besides knowing what I want in my contract, is there anything else I should be prepared to either ask or answer for?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

When I went to my recruiter, all those yrs ago, I told him just what I wanted. Ranger/ option 40. When ever he tried to tell me about other jobs, I told him Im not interested.

Just make sure you don't settle for less than what you want. Don't back down.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Doozerstick
Paratrooper

Post by Doozerstick »

It doesn't really matter what you tell your recruiter because he has nothing to do with what you actually sign up for. In my experience, he'll tell you whatever you want to hear. When you go to MEPS and actually sign up, that's when you're going to need to have your shit together.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

I never ended up meeting with that recruiter as she apparently did not like driving in bad weather. :roll: I now have a meeting with a different recruiter tomorrow, Tuesday the 30th. I know to keep my mouth shut at MEPs about anything illegal I may ever have done... would it be advisable to keep the same tight lips with my recruiter, or answer his questions honestly and entrust him with what I should and shouldnt divulge to the folks at MEPs?
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Kiknskreem wrote:I never ended up meeting with that recruiter as she apparently did not like driving in bad weather. :roll: I now have a meeting with a different recruiter tomorrow, Tuesday the 30th. I know to keep my mouth shut at MEPs about anything illegal I may ever have done... would it be advisable to keep the same tight lips with my recruiter, or answer his questions honestly and entrust him with what I should and shouldnt divulge to the folks at MEPs?
If you were a juvenile when it occured, STFU.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Correct me if I am wrong (anyone who knows for sure) but when it comes to medical issues, they cant find anything at all on your rechord can they?
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Kiknskreem wrote:I never ended up meeting with that recruiter as she apparently did not like driving in bad weather. :roll: I now have a meeting with a different recruiter tomorrow, Tuesday the 30th. I know to keep my mouth shut at MEPs about anything illegal I may ever have done... would it be advisable to keep the same tight lips with my recruiter, or answer his questions honestly and entrust him with what I should and shouldnt divulge to the folks at MEPs?
if you weren't charged, it didn't happen. don't open anything up by saying something stupid.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Neutron
Tadpole

Post by Neutron »

Even if it was documented (IE - citation, ticket, etc) they usually can't get you're juvenile record. Most county's (such as mine: Washoe County, NV) has a law that it will NOT divulge juvenile records to anybody, under any circumstance. When I went to MEPS, they thought that I was a big time Goodie Goodie, and trust me it paid off, bc I went with a bunch of fuck heads (I was our group leader, GOD DAMN those guys were stupid!) but all the guys at MEPS treated me a lot better than anybody else bc I was squared away, looked nice, knew what I wanted, and I had the balls to say that I had never got in trouble. Needless to say, if you were a juvenile, don't worry about the "5 years in jail, 5,000 dollar fine - false enlistment" BS. Thats what it is, BS. It's when you open your mouth then people start getting in trouble.
"Just know who you ARE and drive the fuck on!" - Ranger Steadfast

Life is nothing more than a ladder, climb it better, higher, faster.

Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Never quit, and permanently destroy the little part of your mind that says...."I can't." - Ranger BadMuther

Post by Guest »

Neutron wrote:Even if it was documented (IE - citation, ticket, etc) they usually can't get you're juvenile record. Most county's (such as mine: Washoe County, NV) has a law that it will NOT divulge juvenile records to anybody, under any circumstance. When I went to MEPS, they thought that I was a big time Goodie Goodie, and trust me it paid off, bc I went with a bunch of fuck heads (I was our group leader, GOD DAMN those guys were stupid!) but all the guys at MEPS treated me a lot better than anybody else bc I was squared away, looked nice, knew what I wanted, and I had the balls to say that I had never got in trouble. Needless to say, if you were a juvenile, don't worry about the "5 years in jail, 5,000 dollar fine - false enlistment" BS. Thats what it is, BS. It's when you open your mouth then people start getting in trouble.
not entirely true. we can find juvenile records. we just don't find them until after DEP IN. where do you think the term FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT comes from?

the recruiting BN security manager is the one who does all clearance processing. everyone of you OP40 depshits will have a secret clearance before you ship. UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHARGE YOU DIDN'T DICLOSE. then you will not even have an enlistment. the Army will drop your ass like a sack of burnt Raghead guts.

what you said does have bearing, though. just don't think that because you look nice everything will be gravy.

i agree though that noone will ever be charged.
jd0328
Embryo

Post by jd0328 »

If it's a criminal record and you take any job that requires a security clearance of any kind then I'd bet there's a good chance of something showing up. If it's something medical I don't know. They can't just willy-nilly go take records from anyone they please for no reason, but there's a thousand things that could happen to give them cause to go looking. All it takes is for you to have one training accident or some goofball, 1-in-a-million goof-up to get sent to medical and have them say, "hey, this looks like there's been surgery, I see scar tissue, etc., but it's not in your medical file... what the hell is the deal soldier?" I mean, honestly, wouldn't you feel like a jackass if you didn't divulge a medical condition that you would have gotten a waiver for, only to slip in the shower 3 years after enlistment, get caught hiding it and get discharged for fraudulent enlistment?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Anonymous wrote:
Neutron wrote:Even if it was documented (IE - citation, ticket, etc) they usually can't get you're juvenile record. Most county's (such as mine: Washoe County, NV) has a law that it will NOT divulge juvenile records to anybody, under any circumstance. When I went to MEPS, they thought that I was a big time Goodie Goodie, and trust me it paid off, bc I went with a bunch of fuck heads (I was our group leader, GOD DAMN those guys were stupid!) but all the guys at MEPS treated me a lot better than anybody else bc I was squared away, looked nice, knew what I wanted, and I had the balls to say that I had never got in trouble. Needless to say, if you were a juvenile, don't worry about the "5 years in jail, 5,000 dollar fine - false enlistment" BS. Thats what it is, BS. It's when you open your mouth then people start getting in trouble.
not entirely true. we can find juvenile records. we just don't find them until after DEP IN. where do you think the term FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT comes from?

the recruiting BN security manager is the one who does all clearance processing. everyone of you OP40 depshits will have a secret clearance before you ship. UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHARGE YOU DIDN'T DICLOSE. then you will not even have an enlistment. the Army will drop your ass like a sack of burnt Raghead guts.

what you said does have bearing, though. just don't think that because you look nice everything will be gravy.

i agree though that noone will ever be charged.
Any chance of you registering and posting an intro? Sounds like you have some good input that would be useful to the board.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

that was me, Ranger Luna. for some reason it posted as a guest even though i was signed in. i posted it from my office this morning.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

hit_it wrote:that was me, Ranger Luna. for some reason it posted as a guest even though i was signed in. i posted it from my office this morning.
:shock: :oops: Thanks for your support. :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990

Return to “Recruitment Process”