Do you like the Beretta 92?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

I guess the reason i'm such a Sig hound is that my Dept. went from S&W Model 19 to Sig P226 in one jump. Everyone was really surprised that they spent the extra bucks for the whole Dept. due to budgets etc.. Glock was non-existent at that time so Sig was the hottest thing on the market. The Dept. was afraid of Colt due to a rather predictable AD rate among guys who really did not practice with them but carried them to be cool. Had been on the Dept for 13 years, 12 on SWAT (six as a scout and six as a sniper) when a shotgun blast with blank round to my knee during training ended it all, riding a laptop now in the private sector. Hope you guys still active on your SWAT Teams were able to make it to the SWAT Roundup i competed for many years and there were some great guys on those teams, specially some of the foriegn teams, left a link Roundup on previous posts.

TAP TAP
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

Glocks are great guns, but I can't stand them. Maybe if I spent more time with one, I could get used to it (kinda like living by railroad tracks). They feel about as comfortable in my hand as a 2x4, I've had noticeably better triggers on $25 BB guns as a boy, and I always point several inches high with that luger-like grip angle. Besides that, they're just ugly as hell. Functionality is of course the main desirable trait in a handgun, but there's something to be said for pride of ownership in a fine looking weapon like a two tone P229 - just gorgeous, even though nothing Sigarms makes compares to a nice custom 1911.
Castro
Embryo

Post by Castro »

Yup. The Sig P226 is an excellent weapon. Especially for combat, one of the reasons why it was built! :twisted:

Return to “Weapons of War”