Back from hibernation

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Back from hibernation

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Greetings Rangers, soldiers, and all others,

After months of sitting back and observing the forum, I have finally passed my junior year of high school and qualified to join the Army. I have worked with the local recruiters and done all the necessary steps to getting in. Our hard work has finally paid off. On June 29, my recruiter and I drove up to Phoenix MEPS. I turned and coughed, walked like a duck, and spent many hours of waiting. It had all paid off. I was able to acquire my desired contract. I got 11x opt40 with a $15,000 bonus. The bonus is nice but the job I got is well worth everything. I was told that I am the first of this year’s senior class to get into 11x or get opt 40 on the contract. I promise to not let anyone down and will serve our country proud. My ship date is 20070606. That’s D-Day, and it means all the more to me. Thank you Rangers for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I'm looking forward to defending our great nation alongside all of you.

Sincerely,

Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good first step. Now, Nik, what I want you to do is explain what you are doing to prepare yourself. No more than 300 words. Oh, and sometime in the next 24 hours, please.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for obtaining an 11X Option 40 contract.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

rgrpuck wrote:I am done with you ...you have shown everyone all we needed to see.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Your title change request will be put in.

I think there are a few Rangers here you'll have to prove yourself to.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Dear Ranger Advisor Jim,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. I am on vacation with the family in Las Vegas and have limited internet access.

While I was back at home I was preparing myself for joining the Army on a daily schedule taking no more than two days a week for recovering. I would go to the gym five times a week and work out till I would feel fatigued and then go run for about 25-35 minutes on either the elliptical or treadmill. That’s about it for the physical side. As for the mental side; I have always been a person to push myself as far as I can go and never stop. So whenever there was a task that someone else didn’t want to do I would always volunteer to do it. For me, when I would work out it was almost a mental game in how I would always push myself farther then I did last time and always do better then before. I accept any challenge as a way to better myself. I will be purchasing a rucksack when I get home and begin hiking and walking with about 45-65 pounds at different distances. I try to get on this forum as much as possible and learn as much as I can from others and there experiences. I am all ears so please give any form of guidance you can. Please forgive me if I don’t reply to your posts right away due to limited internet access. I will try as hard as I can to get back to you ASAP. My return date back home is 20060710. I have already changed my avatar to a DEP. If that is a problem I will change it back the appropriate avatar.

Respectfully,

Nik
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Recruitment Process”